36 | No. (and an important a/n)

...

-~-~-

"IIE!" Our beloved bird boy stood up from his chair and angrily slammed both of his fists down on the meeting table. His actions made it shake enough to attract everyone's attention. He grit his teeth in order for him to calm down,

"SORE WA IKEMASEN!" He shouts again, this time more controlled than his first outburst. Y/N, unable to think of what to do, unconsciously rubbed her classmate's right hand as an attempt to calm him down. Hawks watched the two of them curiously while his secretary held a smile, though her eyebrows twitched unnoticeably. "Kanojo wa Shinudeshou!" He exclaimed once again as he glared at the secretary.

"Yamero." Hawks stood up from his spot and walked towards the girl. He stood beside her as he stared at Tokoyami.

"L/N can handle it," Hawks said casually as he placed a hand on my head.

His hand on my head... felt so weird.

"I don't care!" Tokoyami exclaimed again as his glare turned towards Hawks.

"I understand perfectly well that the both of us are just interns here," he continued. "However, we haven't learned anything important from the day we arrived!"

"I'm so sick of how you leave us in the dust and call your actions "lessons" , All you really do is ask and ask and ask for more information about the past events that happened in U.S.J."

"We weren't suppose to share those kinds of details with anyone, it was suppose to be a secret; yet you selfishly squeezed it out of us!"

"And now, you're going to risk a minor's life just because you think she'll be able to do the deed?"

"Mind you, she doesn't even have any experience with villains yet!"

"Well, this is gonna be her first job then," Hawks replied, as he softly rubbed my head.

...

-~-~-

"Tch."

"T-Tokoyami! Wh-Where are you going?" I exclaim as I shook Hawks' hand off of my head and stood up. Fumikage furrowed his eyes for a second before replying. "I need to regain my composure." he said, before vanishing through the big doors.

The room went completely silent for a good minute.

What's wrong with him? Is he actually worried about me? I get that Hawks isn't really a good mentor, but I know Fumikage well enough that he'll just keep silent. Fumi's the type of guy who knows everything wrong about this specific person but tends to just keep it to himself, and he only corrects the person's mistakes if it was absolutely necessary. This was new to me; I've never seen Fumikage have an outburst like that before--and that's saying something as his childhood friend.

I looked down to the floor, contemplating on whether I should go and follow him or if I should just stay. He probably just wants to be alone again. I'm positive that he'll maybe find a good tree and climb up there just to relax for a whilst(he always does that ever since we've met).