38 | Just for you...

...

-~-~-

"Oh! Hey, Shoji! What's up?" I asked as I used my shoulder to press the phone against my ear. I was currently setting up dinner for Fumi and I; he was inside the bathroom whilst the delivery man arrived with our food. What did we deliver, you may ask?

P i z z a .

I have no idea why, but Fumikage requested to order pizza! I heard him say that he was even willing to pay for it if they couldn't. So here we are now, with two boxes of pizza and a big bottle of coke. It was as if this was going to be a party he set up for me.

I swear I don't deserve him--

"Woah! Didn't think you'd be this happy after getting called the second shorte--"

"WELL FUCK YOU! YOU'RE OVERGROWN!!!!"

My outburst was followed with a series of laughter coming from the other line and from the bedroom. I was this close to punching Fumikage, he sure as hell be thankful that he got me pizza. To my annoyance, the laughter lasted for about thirty seconds before they both stopped; Shoji coughed first before he spoke again.

"Anyway... I heard what you were going to do tomorrow." Shoji said, the joy in his voice was now replaced with worry. So the birb told him, huh? "Was calling you to wish you goodluck! You better not die, shorty." he cheered slightly; this was accompanied with some sort of shuffling on his line. "Awe, I'm gonna forgive you just this once for calling me short again. Thanks!" I replied sarcastically which made him chuckle.

"So, what's got you giddy from the start?" he asked.

"Oh! Tokoyami ordered pizza."

"Woah, that's nice! Mind if I have some?"

"Bitch, you're no where near our location and you're a mean asshole so no." sassiness was laced into the tone of my voice as I said that. Shoji only chuckled at my statement. "I meant that as a joke, but okay." he said.

"So, you're basically gonna have a party or something?" he asked,

"Yeah! My birthday's practically near anyway." I said whilst continuing to prepare the plates and cups. I heard a gasp from the other side of the line. "Really? You never really did tell me when your birthday is." Shoji said, there was a bit of excitement in his voice when he said that. I only chuckled.

"It's just... near" I said cheekily; this made him grumble slightly before he continued.

"Speakin' of birthdays, what do you like-- wanna do on Tokoyami's birthday?" Shoji teased in a whispered voice, but it didn't really have an effect on me. I pondered a bit on what I should really do. This hasn't been on my mind yet. It should be something special--since he's going to turn 16 this year.

He doesn't really like loud and colourful stuff(he wouldn't talk to me for a week after throwing confetti on his face.), so parties are out of the suggestion list.

"Hmmm... we probs need to ask his parents for ideas." I said quietly, hoping the birb wouldn't hear.

"I don't really know his parents." Shoji admitted,

"To be honest, neither do I." I say, remembering all the times Fumikage visited my house. He would usually help me study. Mainly about language--Japanese and English. If you haven't noticed already, he's very poetic. But yeah, I haven't really been to his house before. I've seen it... just not what's inside.

"Huh? I thought you'd know them... since you're like, his childhood friend or something..." Shoji trailed off in confusion. I couldn't blame him. I blame myself for being such a weird friend.

"He never really liked talking about his family... often changing the topic." I explained, which made Shoji hum. "Weird."

"Anyway, I need to go. The agency needs me again! Good luck tomorrow, L/N. Remember, if you die, you can't marry him anymore." he teased, making me grumble. "Stop it with the teasing, you overgrown octopus." I grumbled, which made him laugh.