45 | Silence.

...

-~-~-

Silence.

Silence and darkness engulfed his figure. Normally, he wouldn't be complaining. He loved the quiet and serene atmosphere whenever it was dark outside. He was definitely okay with the darkness, he wasn't some child afraid of turning off the lights before going to bed.

However, he was in a completely different situation.

One where he couldn't feel anything.

And where he couldn't move.

All he could do was breathe.

in and

out.

The soft pants coming from the young male topped the silence in the dark room he was currently trapped in. He didn't know where he was, and he certainly did not know why he couldn't move from his position.

He tried to lift his arms up, finding a bit of strength within him. However, his actions were quickly shut down when a sudden burst of pain shot through his wrists.

He tried to scream.

But his throat didn't want him to.

He forced himself to stay silent so he wouldn't be able to inform anyone around him that he was conscious. Wherever he was.

The pain that shot through his veins felt like some sort of electricity. It felt as if he just got mildly electrocuted, and now he couldn't feel his hands.

He felt a rough cloth on his left leg. He tried to move the limb, but it resulted in another shock of pain run up through his legs. He let out an uncomfortably loud pained groan as he fought back the tears welling up in his eyes.

The feeling again was substituted with numbness. He couldn't feel his left leg anymore.

It felt as if his hands got chopped off and his left limb got run over.

He found out that he could somewhat move his right leg, so he felt the ground for anything that could help him escape. His foot littered across the (he was guessing) tiles on the floor. He moved it around some more until he felt a strange liquid.

He ignored the substance and continued to pat around the floor. His foot came across a small ball-like object. It felt like it was metallic, and maybe it could be useful.

He picked up the unknown object using his toes. Carefully, he lifted the leg, trying not to affect the other limbs that he kept convincing himself was still there.

He placed the object on his lap. He bent his head down to inspect the object. Any normal person wouldn't be able to see anything because of how dark the room was, but to him, he could still see the slightest of things as long as it's near his eyes.

It was probably a skill he developed after living in the darkness.

...

His heart sunk.

His chest heaved.

His eyes watered.

His beak fought back a whimper.

This wasn't part of the plan. He wasn't supposed to be kidnapped as well. He was only escorting his dear friend so that she could attract the villains' attention.

But why was he here?

Why did he have to be tied up to a chair?

Why did he have to get electrocuted?

Why did he have to suffer as well?

There was only one thing he was thinking about right now, aside from the questions and the confusions going inside his mind.

He was simply hoping that his friend was in a better position than him.

Silence consumed the dark room yet again. Tokoyami's head hung low as he continued to stare on the object on his lap.

A broken earpiece.

...

-~-~-

"Songbird! I-I think you need t-to relax!" Ichika placed a hand on my shoulder. I was holding the bars of the prison cell we hid in whilst looming over the villain from below us. He doesn't know where he was.

But god, I know for a fact that he can feel daggers glaring at him.

"You broke the bars..." her significant other pointed out, weakly lifting a tired finger to my hands.

I let go of the metal bars to see the ones I've been holding crushed. I squeaked as I backed away.

"Gomen!" I whisper shouted as I bowed my head. The two looked at me weirdly whilst holding back a smile. "Why are you apologising?" they asked softly.

I looked up at the two of them and grinned mentally. This was good. They need to feel okay. After whatever they've gone through, they still need to be happy and hopefully, they'll be able to forget this after we rescue them.

"S'not like we own them." Ichika looked away as an attempt to hide her amused expression. The girl beside her nudged her lightly.

We then became silent as we observed the villain just a few levels beneath us. He was frantically looking around, probably trying to find the two girls who suddenly disappeared.

It's a good thing Ichika had a healing quirk, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to carry her girlfriend up here as well.

I glared again at the villain. I hate how people like this exist. People who discriminate others just because they think the victims don't fit and they think that what the victims are doing is wrong.

It was just stupid.

People who think that they're always right.

And always act on what they believe.

"Songbird, I'm nearly there." Hawks said through the earpiece. I perked up at his voice and held a button.

"Roger that," I said. He chuckled at my reply. Other than his voice, I could hear the wind through the earpiece which was a bit annoying but I couldn't complain.

"Do you think you could count how many people are being held hostage?" He asked.

"Hawks... I can't count how many people are here. There's probably at least eighty or maybe even triple digits." I replied to him meekly, trying not to shout at the villain to be quiet because it was getting harder to communicate with Hawks because of how noisy it was.

I could hear the winged heroes' sighs.

I felt the wind suddenly fade, and footsteps replaced it.

"I'm going in now." He said, making me perk up again in joy.

"You guys are underground by the way."

"Oh, shit--"

+++

Disc:

https://discord.gg/RJkXxYP