20 | Canned Pizza

"Hurry up and finish your breakfast, today's a big day for you." 

"It is and I don't want it to be." I slump down on the chair I was sitting, poking the remaining bits of my cereal as I looked down at it sluggishly. I placed my spoon down and slowly pushed the bowl away from me, I lay my head on the table. My UA uniform felt comfortable but it didn't help my thoughts. 

Dad glanced at me whilst he was washing his plate, He put it down on the sink first and dried his hands. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" he asked, sitting down beside me as he gently stroked my hair. I sighed and looked at him with one eye. "Just... nervous." I merely whispered, but it was enough for him to hear.

"Awww c'mon. How about this, If you win, I'll order pizza."

"PIZZA!?" the utensils clanked as I smacked the table lightly, looking at dad with starry eyes. Excitement rushed through my veins as I looked up at him. "Really?!" I asked... rather demanded, he chuckled in response as he stood back up and went to finish his dishes. 

"I'll ask mom's permission first of course." he stated, picking up my bowl on the way to the sink. He turned on the faucet and washed it up. 

"Hurry up and go to school, OH wait... there's cash on the cabinet over there. I'm sure you'll want to buy something from the booths." I quickly stood up from my seat and dashed to the cabinet dad pointed. I grabbed the money and hugged my father. 

"Thanks Dad! Okay, Bye now." I left dad a quick peck on the cheek as I dashed out with my guitar and bags. 

-~-~-

"Woahh! Look at all those booths..!" Kaminari exhaled a breathe as he spoke, opening his arms widely as he indicated what's in front of us. There was like a whole festival-- minus the floats-- inside the campus. Booths and stands everywhere as people bought a lot of stuff.

"Hnnnngggg, look at all those people." I mutter though no one seemed to hear me because of the crowd. 

Our group made our way to the building, occasionally stopping to check out the consumables and sometimes buying them. I ended up buying iced coffee. I sipped on the cold drink as we went inside our classroom. Mr. Aizawa was already there on his desk, sleepily talking to present mic who was sitting on his desk. 

My classmates chattered around excitedly as they waited for the day to begin. Eventually, we got told to change into our gym uniforms and to meet up back here. 

Once we meet up back here, they said we'll be off to the sports festival.

I couldn't breathe properly as I walked towards the lockers, almost every girl screaming in excitement and anticipation as they rushed to the locker room. 

We enter and quickly change

"This is gonna be good!" Ashido exclaimed, quickly stripping down discretely as she changed. "You said it! I've been waiting for this event for months." Jiro said, grinning slightly as she changed. 

"Anyone wanna make bets on who wins?" Toru asked, poking everyone's shoulders including mine.

"Probably Todoroki." Yaoyoruzu said, fixing her hair on the mirror.

"Bakugo for sure, kero" Tsu voted, smiling slightly as she croaked. 

"It's probably one of those two for sure..." Jiro trailed off as she closed her locker.