49 | Height Shaming

... 

-~-~-

"Is it... actually... r-really... over--?" Ichika stuttered cautiously as she stepped out of the underground place that the three main characters could call a dungeon. Her lips were quivering and her grip on her significant other seemed to tighten as the sunlight invaded her vision. I walked up to her and smiled at her happily. "Yeah." I whispered softly as her eyes began to water. I looked up at the winged hero for approval.

"Yup. I'm never letting y'all do that shit ever again. Even I was overwhelmed." he admitted, straightening his feathers gently with his gloved fingers. He grumbled slightly about how half of his feathers got burnt, but remembered it'll grow back in due time. 

The crow-headed male sighed in relief as he walked out of the entrance as well, wincing slightly at the bright sunlight that attacked his pupils. He hissed like he was some sort of vampire, thinking no one would've heard; but I did.

"Are you secretly Dracula--" I joked lightly as I nudged his side playfully. He rolled his blood-red eyes and averted gazes. 

"You heard nothing." He said.

"Yeah sure." I grinned slyly. 

A black vehicle made its way towards the five of us. Gliding through the ocean of people and the other cars (firetrucks, ambulances, police cars.) surrounding the area. It parked directly in front of us with such speed and control making me tilt my head in confusion.

Ms. Karen came out of the vehicle with sunglasses and her signature clipboard. She grinned happily at Tokoyami and I. "I knew you both could do it." she said happily.

"Yeah but they aren't doing anything else after this."

"Yeah. I'm pretty content with this."

"What a formidable first mission; accomplished." 

-~-~-

"Hey, Y/N?" Mom greeted through the phone. I perked up at her voice and replied immediately. "Hey mom!" I said.

"What's this news about you... performing... and being bait to save over a thousand kidnapped women?" she asked cautiously.

"News--?!"

"Ahhhh hey, L/N?" Hawks suddenly peeked through the front door to the shared room Tokoyami and I were in. I looked up at him questioningly and he smiled.

"So apparently Ichika's a very famous foreign artist that neither of us knew--"

"She saved my life!" A familiar disoriented voice suddenly echoed through the living-room. I glanced to my side and saw Tokoyami resting his back on the sofa. His good hand was holding the remote as he looked at the television with interest. The t.v was screening Ichika with a--