52 | Kitty

F/C/D = Favourite drink from a Cafe/Favourite Cafe Drink

F/C/F = Favourite Food from a Cafe/ Favourite Cafe Food

+++

It was as if there was a whole swarm of cats and kittens that simultaneously attacked me that caused me to stumble and fall. The shock that Tokoyami would even consider to bring me into a place like this was still present in my mind. Although it looked aesthetic, it was definitely a bit bright for his liking.

"Meow," a grey one placed itself on my lap and laid down. It looked so adorable. I could hear the satisfied chuckle from the male who stood beside me.

"A cat cafe?" I asked, bewildered.

"Correct. I looked for one last night, and here we are." He stated, crouching down beside me to pat the grey kitten. It purred in satisfaction. "The king of darkness? In a cat cafe?" I asked with a sly smirk. I carried the kitten as I stood up from my spot. Tokoyami huffed at my proclamation. 

"I figured that I'd give you a “fluffy” break, considering the trauma you might've been in." He reasons, guiding me towards a reserved spot. There was a table and two chairs beside a window and a small sign that said “reserved.”

Tokoyami placed the small sign aside and set our stuff on a chair whilst I sat on the other side, still holding the cat.

"You can simply tell me what you're getting and I'll order it for you," He offered. I shook my head and stood back up.

"It's okay. I can go with you," I smiled, placing the cat on the chair I previously sat down on. He nodded and lead me to the ordering station.

Upon walking there, I noticed that there weren't really that many people in this cafe. However, the cats are overpopulated and they roamed around the place freely. There were so many cats and kittens in different colours. It felt like I was at an adoption centre for animals.

It was a fairly spacey cafe with an intricate design. There were small cartoony kittens that patterned across each wall, along with a light colour of brown, similar to the shade of coffee. Overall, the place looked really cute.

Tokoyami and I stood in front of the cash register and looked at the available consumables on the menu. He glanced at me slightly before the cashier noticed us.

"Hello! What can I get you both?" She asked politely, wiping a small glass with a white rug.

"An F/C/D, please"

"An F/C/D, please"

The two of us looked at each other at the same time with flabbergasted expressions. The cashier rose a brow at us, but she wasn't able to fight back the amused smile on her face.

I let out a hesitant chuckle whilst Tokoyami just continued to look at the menu.

"O-Okay. Two F/C/Ds. Is there anything else you'd like?" The cashier asked, trying not to burst.

"F/C/F too, please."

"F/C/F as well."

...

The cashier practically erupted into laughter, making me go red. Maybe I should've given Tokoyami my orders instead. The said male huffed again.

"How coincidental," he muttered, quickly bringing out his wallet realising the advantage he was in because I was in a daze. I pouted at his actions.

"I ap-apologise for being unprofessional! It's just that, not every day we get a scene like this," the cashier giggles as she takes the money from Tokoyami. She punches in our order and gave us a receipt.

"We'll have a waiter bring them to you once it's done! Thank you!" She exclaimed happily, seemingly getting a boost of energy from the show Tokoyami and I did.

Both of us walked back towards our spot. I noticed that the grey kitten was still laying down on my cushioned seat. I quickly walked up to it and carried it in my arms.

Tokoyami brought the bags on his seat down to the floor beneath the table and sat. I sat down as well with the kitten on my lap. It purred as I scratched its chin.

"I thought you didn't like F/C/F..." I trailed off, looking at the window. He quirked a brow at my sentence. "I don't even recall us talking about that type of food," Tokoyami reasons as he folds his hands and his crisscrosses his legs. He bowed his head and his signature idle pose was visible.

Cool...

"I thought you'd get something different that F/C/D too," I admitted, knowing that Tokoyami would've probably bought something that would've fitted him. He just shrugged in response.

There was another kitten that was coloured F/C. It settled itself on my feet. It meowed loudly and laid turned over. I laughed slightly and nudged it.

It became silent. the atmosphere becoming very light and serene. It was probably because of the small cats that surrounded us and the smell of coffee that lingered around the area. Looking back at Tokoyami, I could see that he felt calm. His aura still wafted of coolness, but despite that, it felt very friendly and nice.

It stayed like this for a whilst as I continued to pet the grey cat on my lap, it purrs in happiness as I do so.

I'm a bit excited about how they'll serve our food. I've never really heard of this cafe before, so I hope their food tastes great just how it sounds like on the menu.

"You know, Y/N..." the male across me got my attention.

"You are very similar to a cat," He stated, now resting his beak on his hand, legs still crisscrossed. My eyes widened at his statement. "Huh?"

"Cats are smart, and they're very brave. You can push them off from a height and they'd still be able to land on their feet," he explained, staring at my figure. I squirmed a bit. "Are you—"

"And those creatures are also pretty cute," he, said with a slight tone, as he looked at me dead on the eye. A small smile present on his face.

..?

FSGAJWKALEJQLRJWLEBA..?

"HUH—?" I squeaked, looking away in embarrassment.

"Since when were you so bold?!" I practically shouted. He chuckled at my reaction.

"I'm always bold."

"Your orders!!" A waiter walked up to our table and set down our orders. I looked up at him and gave him a shaky smile. He left after he served our food.

I looked back at Tokoyami, and he gave me another small smile. I growled at him.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything."

As we both gave thanks for the food we have received, we maintained a pretty normal conversation throughout the entire time. Multiple cats kept swarming over the two of us, but none of us minded. They were all adorable.

And apparently, I am too, according to him.

That really got me confused. Tokoyami isn't the type of person to go out of his way and compliment someone, let alone flirt with others. I don't think that the thing he said a whilst ago was flirting, but it was scarily close to that.

What could this possibly mean?

"Y'all forgot about me :(("

+++

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!

also hi

gimme feedback pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Discord:

https://discord.gg/RJkXxYP