47 | Prey

...

-~-~-

The winged-hero looked at the H/C-haired girl who was dangling her feet as her neck was getting crushed by this villain's grip. He had no idea how this villain ended up inside the cell his intern was in, and he was guessing she didn't know how they got in there as well. He watched as she tried to break through his grasp, but her other limb was still in pain, causing her quirk to misbehave and not follow her commands.

She was tired, he could sense it.

"Don't d-do it, Hawks!" she yelled, despite the fact that she was being choked.

The couple who were now on the edge of the cage cried as they tried to desperately look away, but they couldn't. They were very petrified.

Hawks contemplated his choices. He couldn't just up and knock out this villain because they had their eyes on the pro hero. He also didn't know what they were capable of. He frowned for a moment before an idea formed inside his head. He knew he needed to move quickly, or else L/N would faint soon.

He saw more villains from beneath him. They tied up his men and threw them in a corner. They smirked at Hawks as they started a bonfire in the middle of the room, causing the people in the cages to scream in fear.

He clicked his tongue and nodded at the villain who had L/N in his grip. "Fine." He said as he flew down the railings. The villain's grip on L/N loosened at this.

Before he jumped down though, he lifted two fingers, which caught the H/C-haired girl's attention. It didn't look like anything to the villain, but to the girl, it was a signal.

He flew down and immediately, the other villains surrounded him. They pushed and shoved him towards the fire and ordered him to burn his feathers. "Hurry up." One said.

"Nah, I'm gonna take my time." Hawks faked a yawn as he plucked a feather from his back and waved it around. The other villains stared at it with annoyed expressions. He used his other hand to secretly send in two feathers inside his pocket. No one saw it. Dumb villains.

"HURRY THE FUCK UP OR I'LL CUT HER HEAD OFF!" The main villain said, making the couple inside the cage shriek in surprise and fear. Hawks only yawned again and nodded. "Fine. Fine." He said as he made the rest of his feathers fly towards the fire, completely burning each and every single one of them.

After a few moments, the villains smirked evilly at the pile of ashes like it was a work of art. Hawks rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. "Now get inside this cage, mutt." said the villain with a brown pair of sunglasses. Hawks complied slowly.

Before he could enter the specific cell, he "accidentally" dropped a feather to the ground, making the people surrounding him glare daggers at him.

"Oops. I forgot one." Hawks said sarcastically, making the villains look at him confusingly. He smirked at this.

One of them quickly walked up to the feather and tried to grab it.

But it suddenly flew up and slashed at the villain's torso.

"Now, Songbird!" Hawks yelled as he threw the other feather inside his pocket towards L/N. The girl bit the person's thumb harshly which made the person flinch and push the girl away. She caught Hawk's feather and immediately slashed the villain using her good hand.

The feather, Hawks used to slash the villain who tried to pick it up, zoomed through the room and kept slashing the villains in the surrounding area. Hawks quickly rushed to the pile of ashes and unburied the rest of his feathers from the rubble.

They should've known that his feathers don't really burn that easily.

Acquiring his ability to take flight, he took out the rest of the villains at an incredible pace. The villains desperately tried to shoot hawks with their quirks, only to find themselves missing horribly.

In a matter of seconds, everyone fell limp on the floor, including the villain who tried to suffocate L/N.

"Songbird, tie him up." Hawks ordered as he cut his men's restraints and as he woke them up one by one. L/N nodded and complied quickly; she brought out a special type of rope from her pocket and tied it around the unconscious villain with the help of Ichika.

"Get everyone free. Now." Hawks ordered after waking up the others. They nodded quickly and proceeded to break each and every single cage trapping the hostages inside. The people exclaimed their gratitude and cried happily as they were finally set free.

The winged-hero brought out a walkie talkie and turned it on to contact his agency and for the police for more assistance.

However, his plans were ruined when an arrow shot the device he was holding. Not only did it break the phone, but it also pinned it to the wall; this caused everyone in the room to freeze and look at the one who shot the projectile.

There were three more villains, who Hawks was guessing were the strongest ones. On the very left of the group was a civilian being held captive in a rope attached to the villain beside the civilian. The person hunched his back and frantically shook their head. Their actions caused the villain beside them to shake in rage and push them harshly to the front, causing them to fall on the ground.

L/N's breath hitched as she finally registered who the civilian was,

It was none other than her childhood best friend, Tokoyami.

His arms were tied behind his back whilst there was some sort of muzzle attached to his beak which was the reason why he couldn't say anything anymore.

Hawks and L/N were mortified. They both thought that he was safe in suppotoraito.

Apparently, he wasn't.

Claw stepped forward and cracked his fingers. He grinned menacingly at Hawks, and a look of bloodlust coated on his pupils. He was itching for a fight.

"You thought it was this easy? Didn't you?" He asked with a sinister grin; Hawks kept his ground.

"Of course we knew that girl was your intern. We knew that you'd come for us. So we set up a plan to capture the three of you." The person beside him stepped forward, it was his assistant named Shiroko.

"Now Hawks, either you properly burn all your feathers." The person who held Tokoyami stepped up as well.

"Or I'll eat your precious intern." Claw grinned.

"After all, birds are prey too."

-~-~-

sorry for the late update, i completely forgot to write anything. XD

disc:

https://discord.gg/RJkXxYP