35 | Heights

Fixed on 3/31/2021

[Removed the voting part for this chapter]

+++

After cleaning up Hawks' mess(literally cleaning up ruble), his team went back to his agency while the three of us went on to patrol, as the agency ordered.

Fumikage and I silently walked behind our mentor. Hawks yawned as he adjusted the headphones that he was wearing. He placed his hands behind the back of his head as he leaned backward and walked sloppily. Though he had an improper posture, he still looked pretty cool. 

There were several people and children who walked up to the three of us, well, specifically to Hawks, to get an autograph from him. Among the crowd, you could see him in the very middle. Fumikage and I idly stood just outside of the crowd as we watched one of his feathers help out an elderly woman cross the street.

We've already lost count on how many people he already helped. At this point, we didn't even know why we were even tagging along.

Fumikage sighed as he looked among the crowd. I sat down on a bench that was conveniently placed behind us. "I wonder if he even requires our assistance," he stated and sat down beside me on the right. I wore my headphones but made sure to keep my right ear open for me to hear whatever he was saying. I scrolled down my playlist.

"Yeah—"

"Hey, aren't those the students who won the sports festival?" A voice from the crowd asked loudly as the man pointed towards the two of us. I looked up at Fumikage, there was amusement in his eyes, but the annoyance overpowered it more.

"It is! It's L/N, the champion, and Tokoyami, the Second runner up!" A woman exclaimed happily as he took the notebook Hawks was holding. "Let's annoy them because the plot told us to do so!" they happily exclaimed as they began to rush their way towards us.

Fumikage and I quickly stood up from the bench and tried to walk in the other direction.

Only to get blocked by Hawks.

"Where do you think y'all are goin'?" Hawks asked as he placed an arm on his hip. He eyed the two of us suspiciously. "We're gonna hide from the cro—"

"A true Hero should always acknowledge civilians." Hawks said smugly as he smirked at the two of us.

My face went pale while Fumikage just sighed when the crowd surrounded the three of us now.

I quickly gripped my senpai's cape and hid behind his back. For now, I'm sure you all know how I deal with the attention. He chuckled at me and folded his arms.

"L/N, L/N! What's your quirk!"

"Tokoyami is that a mask—"

"Alright, alright." Hawks suddenly cut off everyone's question as he waved a hand left to right. "Please announce my interns using their hero names, The Jet Black Hero: Tsukuyomi and The Dubstep: Songbird." Hawks smiled at the crowd. The crowd seemed to sparkle in excitement. Hawks looked back at the two of us, his smile turned into a smirk.

Damn you.

"Songbird, Songbird! What's your quirk name?"

"Tsukuyomi, did your name come from greek gods?"

"Songbird, why are you hiding behind Tsukuyomi."

"Oi Songbird, what's with the bird stuff?"

"Oooh! Are you and Tsukuyomi dating?"