24 | Overgrown Octopus Brother

rewritten on May 8, 2020

+++

"Thank you."

"You're welcome! Good luck on the battles!" The woman behind the stand smiled at me as she handed over the large-sized iced coffee I ordered. I got it and grabbed one of those blue bendy straws that can twirl like fricking worms. I used the straw to drink the beverage and I walked off to god knows where.

We were given a couple of hours to relax and take a break before the final game; which is the tournament. I used this as an opportunity to get the hell out of that monument and away from everyone. I needed some time to figure out what the fuck is wrong with me.

Did I seriously almost just cry inside that arena filled with hundreds of players and thousands of spectators? Don't forget Y/N, there were cameras all over the place which practically meant we were live on televisions from all across the globe.

Good thing no tears dropped.

But that fact isn't enough to make up for the actions I unconsciously almost did.

God, why am I such a pussy?

I continued to walk; the more I walked, the fewer stands and booths I could see, and eventually, I was simply in the middle of another forest.

Trees surrounded my being as I scanned the area. There were some birds flying and chirping, and some leaves rustling with the wind.

How did I get here? No idea.

I turned up the volume of my headphones and continued to wander around, constantly making sure that I flip rocks whenever I see one so that I wouldn't have a hard time getting out of this forest.

The forest was emitting an aura filled with serenity. The colour green was said to be a stress reliever, and it's actually working on me. In a matter of seconds, I was finally fully relaxed and calmed down.

Okay, now I can think.

I sat down on the forest floor, shoving off a few leaves, and rested my back on the rough oak wood behind me.

What's wrong.

Why did I almost cry?

Why was I such a pussy?

I continued to question myself as I took a sip from the drink I bought.

I won. We won first place in the cavalry battle, why would I be filled with sadness... And another foreign emotion?

I furrowed my brows down to the ground. 

"Hmm..." I was beyond confused.

"Oh, hey, L/N-chan." some familiar voice spoke behind the tree I was resting my back on. I took off my headset and looked at the owner of the voice.

"Kon'nichiwa, Shoji-san, what brings you here?" I asked while I yawned. Shoji chuckled and sat on the ground in front of me, he rested his back on a tree as well.

"I could as you the same thing. I was just looking for a spot to eat, everywhere else sounded noisy." The overgrown octopus said as he set down a blanket in front of him. He then brought out a box of food I didn't recognize, and he ate.

"Oh me? I was just... Cooling myself down." I barely answered.

"Oh, Is something wrong? I saw you leaving the arena before anyone else did."