18 | Canned Soda

For the past few days, us students have been training twice as hard for the UA sports festival.

At first, I didn't want to join because Mr. Aizawa said everyone from all around Japan would be watching... Including a lot of pro heroes.

And also, he said that this is our chance to make them notice us. We'll be needing to try our best so that some of them could accept us as an intern.

After UA sports festival, we'll be sent off to work with some pro heroes that accepted us as an intern. They said it was for about... a week? They also said that it is our choice to choose which pro hero we'll be going with.

As the days passed, the lessons and exercises became harder and harder for everyone. It seemed pretty average to me. I only read a couple of books before I took some exams. I didn't need to do something extra just to study, seeing as the lesson was already familiar to me.

Everyone noticed my performance and were astonished. Some asked if I could tutor them whilst others insisted me to come over their house for a study date.

I denied the invitations they gave me to go to their houses, but I still tutored some of them in the library after school. Of course, I got permission from dad before I do this because I know that I'll come home late.

That's what I'm currently doing right now, I'm teaching Kirishima and Uraraka some of the lessons they didn't understand.

"So... We use pronouns to... address nouns..?" Kirishima asks, I nod.

"And then we use Adjectives to describe nouns, right?" Uraraka asks, I nod again.

"You both are getting the hang of it," I state, making my two classmates cheer silently as they smiled at each other. "However, this is only the basics." I continue, killing their enlightened moods and crushing their  thoughts about the fact that they're almost done. Both of them groan as they smack their heads down the table.

"SHHHH!"

The other students at the table immediately shushed the both of them, making the two hide their faces as I giggle at them softly. 

"I'm just kidding, you guys could pass tomorrow's exam at this rate." I said, the two quickly looked at me and smiled widely. "Really!?" they whisper yelled, I just nod in reply. 

"Thanks for teaching us L/N-chan!" Kirishima says,

"It's nothing." I reply, picking up my bags from the floor and putting them on my bag as they did the same. We got ready to take our leave, seeing that we already finished with the tutoring. 

"Good luck tomorrow." I state, waving at the two as I head out the library-- not even waiting for them to reply.

-~-~-

"What would you like today, L/N?" the lady behind the counter asked, setting up a tray in front of me.

"Do you have Ramen Noodles?"

"Of course, here you go." she said as she placed a bowl filled with Ramen and some chopsticks on the tray, water alongside it as she handed the tray over to me. 

"Have a nice lunch!" she said happily as I picked it up and smiled at her, leaving the counter as I went to find a place to sit. 

I was thinking about sitting on the secret spot me and Fumikage usually hang out. I wanted to retune my guitar-- which now had straps on its case --and practice the new song I'm learning. I was heading my way over there when I heard a "psssst!" from my side.

I saw some of my classmates, including Fumikage, sitting on one table. All of them were looking at me. 

"Sit here with us, Y/N-Chan!" I heard Hagakure exclaim, her gloved hands beckoning me to their table.

So much for alone time. Oh well

I needed a new environment to eat in anyway.

I turned and walked to their spot, setting my tray on the table and the guitar case underneath it. I sat in between Todoroki and Shoji, all of their eyes were still on me as I mixed the noodles.

I noticed their stares and raised a brow.

"What?" I asked, sinking down my seat a bit.

"Nothing, it's just that we rarely see you during lunch." Jiro said, poking her food with a fork.

"Oh."

I sat there awkwardly as I ate my ramen. The others were eating theirs as well, chatting and chuckling with each other as the hour continues. None of them seem to talk about school... Probably because of how much of a stressful topic it is.

I sat there silently as I ate my food, Drinking some of the bottled water when I felt like it.

Everyone looked like they were enjoying the peaceful moment. Not doing any school work... Just talking over food.

I sighed as I continued to eat. Not engaging any conversation with anyone as I do so.

I don't think I'll be able to say anything though...

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot... Thank you for yesterday Y/N-Chan!" Uraraka exclaimed and gave me a thumbs up. This made everyone at the table quiet for a bit before they asked me some questions. "What did you do yesterday?" Todoroki asked, side glancing at my small form.

"I just tutored Uraraka and Kirishima..." I trailed off, suddenly embarrassed when there's really nothing to be embarrassed about. "That's cool." I heard Shoji say beside me as he continued to eat his food using his mouth's hand. 

Just when I thought it couldn't be more awkward... it did get more awkward.

"What have you guys been doing?" I asked, trying to lessen the tensity of the table. I'm pretty sure its only me who's feeling awkward though...

"Just training... and more training." Kaminari answers, grinning slightly as he drank his drink. "We all need to prepare for the UA sports festival, its going to be a big help on our future hero careers." Iida said, looking at me straight in the eye with a fierce expression.  "You'll all lose." Bakugo said, crushing his canned soda and throwing it to me. It directly hit my forehead, making me rub against the skin in pain. 

I feel some liquid on my fingers as I did this, I pulled it down and saw a bit of blood. 

"You suck." I state, bringing out a handkerchief and wiping it on my forehead. The others looked at me worriedly and sent glares to Bakugo.

Iida proceeded to scold Bakugo for his actions. Bakugo just answered back with cuss words as my classmates and I watch them. 

"You alright? I could take you to the nurse's" Shoji's hand suddenly appeared beside my head, its mouth forming a frown as it talked. "I'm fine, We'll be experiencing much worse pain this coming May anyway." I replied. Shoji seemed to hesitate before nodding.

"And that's why you should never throw cans at people!"

"Like I give a crap about that!"

"They're at it again..."

+++

This chapter was a bit boring I know. I had a pretty hard time writing 18...

But I can assure you all that the next chapters are gonna be somewhat fun...

I dunno, bear with me. I have a lot of problems right now.

probably gonna edit this again later