46 | There's Something Up

"I took care of the other guards. Lmfao they're so weak."

"Did you just say LMFAO in a verbal conversation?"

"Technically this isn't a verbal conversation since we're communicating through a device. Why? you mad lololol?"

I never thought Hawks still had a ten-year-old heart inside of him. Who the fuck says "Lmfao" and "Lololol" in real life?

(Haha no offence to me reading this)

I mean, yeah, I would keyboard mash in real life too, but I wouldn't stoop so low to say "XD" or "lol u succ" in a normal conversation too like what Hawks would probably do.

I usually tend to be formal around new people; I try to compose myself in front of groups. I want everyone to have a good perspective on what they think of me.

But, of course, if you're an asshole, I'm an asshole too.

Tokoyami was probably the one who influenced me to act formal. Have you seen the guy around his friends? He isn't as laid-back as I thought of him to be whenever the atmosphere was friendly.

Though he says he feels relaxed, his body gestures emit a cool and serious aura around him almost all the time. It feels as if he isn't approachable, but he actually is once you get to know him.

Speaking of Tokoyami, I hope Hawks didn't let him join the retrieval part of the mission. He's already done enough to attract Claw's attention to me. I certainly didn't want to risk his life on the line here.

Well, technically I'm risking my own life as well. But I'm actually in a pretty safe spot here. They told me to stay put and wait for them to arrive. They'll simply swoop them out of their feet and knock them out as quickly as possible.

Once the entire location's clear, they'll put the villains behind bars before they could even wake up. We'll rescue everyone in here and hopefully be able to return them to their families.

I hope nothing will go wrong.

"I'm almost to your room." Hawks' hushed voice entered my ears as I continued to look down from where I am. I stood up from my position and went over to the couple on the very back of the cage.

They watched as I sat down in front of them, ready to hear whatever I was about to say.

"We're gonna get out of here very soon," I whispered, making them both perk up and smile softly. They looked at each other for a moment and embraced one another in a big hug, quietly whimpering in joy.

"Alright, that's all the rooms cleared except for yours." Hawks stated; I heard rapid footsteps on his side of the line. "Your room is quite large and it has a lot of entrances, so we decided to surround it." He explained,

After a few seconds, the footsteps slowly faded away and it became quiet again on his line. I was wondering what happened but Hawks beat me to it. "On the count of three, we'll go in and take everyone out."

"There's only one person here though."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah--"

"Yes, he's the one who's been... Doing those things to us." Ichika confirmed hesitantly. Her partner nodded sadly and looked away with a frown. I frowned as well.

"Alright, let's wrap it up, crew. Tsukuyomi still has a date planned for Songbird here." Hawks said.

I could practically see the smirk through the fucking earpiece. My face flushed as I hear a few chuckles from the other side of the line. Luckily, the two girls with me didn't seem to hear what he said. They tilted their heads in confusion. "You okay?" They asked.

"Y-Yeah!"

"Going in in

3

2

1"

The three of us heard shuffling from beneath our spot. We stood up and rushed to the metal bars to look at whatever was happening below us.

We saw Hawks and a few men in black clothing surrounding a knocked-out body in the middle of the room. The people soon began to wake up and gawk at the sight of Hawks just below them.

Some even started tearing up.

"H-Hawks-san? Is that really you?" an old lady gripped the bars of her cage lightly, hope sparkled in her eyes as she looked at the winged hero with a sad smile.

The hero slowly turned to look at her and
smiled.

"You're safe now." He said gently.

"Nah, not really." A familiar voice chuckled from behind the three of us. I froze at the sudden presence whilst the couple shrieked and flinched.

When we heard footsteps coming towards us, we immediately tried to open the cell we were in to try to escape. However, it was locked.

"The fuck?!" I screamed as I forcefully pulled the metal bar to try to break it.

I was stopped, however, when an electric shock ran up through my arm, making me scream in pain and collapse on the floor. "FUCK!"

It hurts.

It hurts.

It hurts.

The shock didn't actually feel electric. It was similar, yes, but there was something about it that made me so weak. It was painful. Very painful.

Is this what the kidnapped people here have been experiencing? Is this the pain they have to endure every day? I looked at the couple beside me and I got my question answered immediately. The faces they were making were enough to provide me with the information I needed.

Tears welled up in my eyes as my arm laid limp on the floor. I clutched it with my other arm as I tried to stand back up; I ended sitting up with my back laying against the wall.

The two quickly went to my side and hid behind my shoulders, clutching the fabric of my attire like it was the end of the world.

And perhaps it actually was this time.

Hawks flew up to the cage and tried to open the door too, he didn't get electrocuted because I was assuming his gloves protected him.

The villain walked up towards the three of us making Ichika and her partner tremble. He grabbed me by the neck and lifted me up.

I choked as my feet dangled.

"Yoooooo, “Hawks-san” nice job falling for our trap." The unknown villain chuckled I couldn't exactly fight back because I was stunned by the shock earlier.

"Unless ya want yer precious intern student ta live,"

"Burn all yer feathers and get into a cage for me, will ya?"

+++

rip me. school starts tomorrow ;c

discord:

https://discord.gg/RJkXxYP