Nicholas Flamel

Chapter 7: Nicholas Flamel

*Hogwarts*

I'm with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Hermione promised to help me with the final exams.

Harry's owl came. "Hey, Hedwig." Harry said.

"Pretty owl." I told Harry.

"Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic. We've got final exams coming up soon."
Hermione told Ron.

Harry and I looked at each other.

Oh dear. Here we go again.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question." Ron said with confidence.

Harry and I grinned.

"Alright. What are the three most crucial ingredients in a forgetfulness potion?"

"I forgot." Ron said then looked down.

"And what may I ask if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione asked.

"Copy off you?"

Gosh. They sound like an old married couple.

"No you won't. Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we will be given special quills for wich with an anti-cheating spell." Hermione said.

"That's insulting! As if they don't trust us. Dumbledore again." Ron said, angrily putting his card on the table.

Then we saw Neville limping.

Everyone laughed except for us.

"Leg lock curse." Ron said.

"Malfoy." Harry said, making me sigh in disappointment.

Neville went to our table. "You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron said.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville said.

Seamus stood.

"I'll do the counter curse!"

"Bad idea." I told Harry.

"No. That's all I need. You just set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Neville said.

Seamus angrily put down his wand. "I don't appreciate the isinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He said then walked away.

We tried to hide our laughter when we saw the bald spot on the back of his head.

Harry patted Ron's shoulder. "I found him."

"Dumbledore is particulary famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945 for his discovery of the twelve uses of dragon blood and its work on alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flamel!" Ron read.

Hermione gasped then stood. "I knew the name sounded familiar. I read on the train that day." Harry said.

"Follow me." Hermione said. We stood then followed her.

"Hey! Wait! Where are you going? What about the counter curse?" Poor Neville said then fell.

"Poor Neville." I mumbled.

———

"How could I be so stupid?" Hermione said then slammed the book on the table.

"I check this out weeks ago from a bit of light reading." She said.

"This is light?" Ron asked.

Hermione glared at him. "Here it is, Nicholas
Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"What?" Harry and Ron asked in unison.

"Honestly, do you two read?" I asked.

Harry smiled sheepishly at me.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can transform any metal into pure gold, and produces elixir of life which will make you immortal." She explained.

"Immortal?" Ron asked.

"It means you'll never die." I said.

"I know what it means!" He said.

"Shhh." Harry hushed.

"The only stone currently in existence to Mr. Nicholas Flamel; the alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday." She said.

I turned to Ron and Harry. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor! That's what's under the trap door! The Philosopher's stone." I said.

The trio looked at me.

"Well done, Y/N." Hermione smiled.