Home of a Monster

Chapter 14: Home of a Monster

"Could I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall said

"Could I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall said. "Now today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so. 1...2...3, Vera Verto." She pointed her wand
at the bird then it turned into a water goblet.

"Now it's your turn. Well, who would like to go first? Ah, Mr. Weasley! 1 2 3, Vera Verto."

Ron cleared his throat then pointed his wand at Scabbers. "Vera Verto."

The rat transformed into a goblet, but not quite.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall said.

Hermione raised her hand. "Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you can tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" We all went silent.

"Very well, well you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witch and wizards of each. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin.
The three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not," Professor McGonagall said.

"Three guesses who." Ron told Harry.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical should be kept within all magical families. In other words, 'purebloods',"

Draco glanced at me. I glared at him.

"Unable to pursued the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber, and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle- borns." I answered.

Professor McGonagall nodded. "Well, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor, what exactly does legend tells us lies within the chamber?" Hermione asked.

"The chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be home of a monster."