Immobulus

Chapter 12: Immobulus

"Hey," I greeted the trio

"Hey," I greeted the trio. "May I sit here with you guys?"

Ron glared at me. Harry is ignoring me.

"You may." Hermione said with a small smile.

"Thanks." I said then sat beside her.

"You're engaged to Malfoy? Seriously?" Ron asked.

"Let me explain." I said.

Harry rolled his eyes.

Hermione glared at the two. "You two are being really good friends, you know? Let her explain!" She said.

I took a deep breath. "Draco and I have been friends since we're five. His father and my mom thinks that it's best if we are to marry each other in the future. To unite the Malfoy and Rosecharm name."

"So Malfoy is okay with this?" Harry asked.

"I think so," I chuckled. "I'm sorry for not telling you guys before. I just don't want things to get really awkward."

"We forgive you," Hermione said then looked at Ron. "Right, Ronald?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, Y/N." Ron said.

"What happened to your wand?" I asked Ron.

"Long story," he said then turned to Harry.

"Say it. I'm doomed." He said.

"You're doomed." Harry said.

"Hi Harry! Y/N!"

Flash. Harry and I blinked.

"I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too."

"Uh- nice to meet you." Harry said.

"Ron, is that your owl?" Dean Thomas asked.

Then the poor bird fell in a bowl of crisps.

The crowd laughed.

"Bloody bird's a menace." Ron said then got the red letter.

The bird flew away.

"Oh no." Ron muttered.

"Look everyone. Weasley's got a howler."
Seamus said. Everyone chuckled.

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible." Neville said.

Ron opened it, then the card yell.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" We all stared at the howler. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR?! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF THE LINE, WE WILL SEND YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" Then the howler turned to Ginny. "Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud."

———

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, third class, honorary member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's most charming smile award, but I don't talk about that. I don't get of the rid of the Bandshee by smiling at them."

He then smiled cheekily.

I turned to Draco then raised an eyebrow.

"I see you've all bought my collection of books. Well done. Now I thought we'd start the day with a little quiz."

I turned to Draco. "Oh no. I didn't study."

He started giving quizzes. I got one then I looked at it.

"Draco,"

"Yes?"

"These questions are about him. What is Gilderoy's favorite color? Unbelievable!"

"You have 30 minutes. Start now!" Gilderoy said.

-30 minutes later-

"Tut tut," Gilderoy said. "Hardly any of you remember that my favorite color is lilac. I'm disappointed, Ms. Rosecharm, your paper is blank. But Ms. Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil, and market my own range of haircare potions. Good girl." He winked at her.

"Now be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures from the wizard current," then the cage beside him rattled.

"You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I'm here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!" Then he revealed he cornish pixies in the cage.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus asked.

I chuckled. Draco glanced at me then smiled.

Seamus laughed. "Laugh if you will, Mr.

Finnigan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters." He said then unlocked the cage.

"Ahh!" I yelled as the pixies pull my hair. Draco grabbed the book then slammed it at the pixies.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yes. Thank you." I said, fixing my hair.

He grabbed my hand then we ran outside of the room.

"Wait!" I told Draco then went back inside.

"Y/N! What are you doing?!" He yelled.

I pulled my wand out then yelled.

"Immobulus!"

The pixies freeze. I turned to the trio. "You guys alright?"

"Yes. Thank you." They said.

I turned to Neville. "How about you?"

He frowned. "Why is it always me?"