Great Danger

Chapter 15: Great Danger

[Time skip: after Quidditch]

———

I opened the door quietly then tiptoed to Harry's hospital bed.

"Hey Harry," I whispered.

"Y/N?" Harry asked, sitting up. "Hey. What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over."

"I just want to know if you're okay. How's your arm?" I asked.

"Fantastic." He replied. "The medicine taste horrible."

"What did you expect? Pumpkin juice?" I joked.

"Very funny, Y/N."

He then furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I asked.

"The voice." He replied.

"Voice? What voice? Are you alright?"

"Hello." A voice asked from beside me.

"Aah!" I jumped then faced the elf.

"Dobby? Is that you?" I asked.

"Yes I am, Ms. Rosecharm." The elf replied.

"What are you doing here? You should be with the Malfoys." I said then raised an eyebrow.

"You know each other?" Harry asked.

"Yes," I nodded. "Dobby's the Malfoy family's house elf."

Dobby turned to Harry. "Harry Potter should've listen to Dobby. Harry Potter should've gone home when he missed the train!"

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"It was you. You stopped the barrier from letting Ron and me through." Harry said.

Dobby looked down. "Indeed. Yes, sir."

"You nearly got Ron and me expelled!" Harry said.

"At least you would be away from here. Harry Potter must go home. Dobby though that maybe this bludger would be enough to make Harry Potter see-"

"You made that bludger chase after me?" Harry asked.

Dobby nodded. "Dobby feels most aggrieved, sir. Dobby has to iron his hands."

"You better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or I might strangle you." Harry said.

Dobby jumped out of the hospital bed. "Dobby is used to threats, sir. Dobby gets them five times a day."

"Well, I suppose you can tell me why you're trying to kill me." Harry said.

"Not kill you, sir! Never kill you! Dobby even remember how it was before Harry Potter triumphed over 'He-who-must-not-be-named.' We house elves are treated like vermin, sir. Of course Dobby is still treated like...vermin."
Dobby said then broke down crying.

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" Harry asked.

"This," Dobby pointed at his clothes. "Is a mark of a house elf's enslavement. Dobby could only be freed if his master present him with clothes."

Then we heard something outside the hospital wing.

"Bad things are about happen at Hogwarts. Harry Potter must not stay here. Now that history is to repeat itself?" Dobby warned.

"Repeat itself?" Harry asked. "You mean this happened before?"

"I shouldn't have said that!" Dobby said then grabbed a bottle, hitting himself.

"Dobby-Dobby, stop that!" I said, grabbing the bottle.

Harry grabbed him by his shirt. "Tell me, Dobby, why do did this happened before? Who's doing it now?"

"Dobby cannot say, sir. Dobby only wants Harry Potter to be safe." Dobby said.

"No, Dobby. Tell me now." Harry said.

The door of the hospital wing opened, Dobby snapped his fingers then disappeared.

Harry and I saw shadows. He turned to me.

"Hide, Y/N." He whispered then pretended to sleep.

I crouched down beside Harry's hospital bed.

"There's been another attack."

"I think he's been petrified."

I heard murmurs and whispers.

I took a peak then saw a petrified Colin Creevey.

"the students are in great danger."

———

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.

We nodded.

"Of course. Did you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and he's telling Draco to do it." Ron said.

"I don't think so." I told Ron.

"Maybe, but we should wait for the polyjuice potion to be sure." Hermione said.

"Enlighten me, why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Do you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked Hermione.

"No. No one ever comes in here." I said.

"Why?" Ron asked

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione and I replied.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione and I said slowly.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

Then the ghost appeared. "I'm Moaning Myrtle!" Then she flew around.

"I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly miserable Moaning Myrtle?" She said in a whiny voice.

She started yelling then flew in the toilet.

Hermione turned to look at us. "She's a little sensitive."

1k views?! Wow! I love you all so much!
I'll publish the next chapter soon:)
Have a good day!
Nicole 💛