Don't Lose Your Lily

Chapter 18: Don't Lose Your Lily

———
Draco's POV

"Crabbe, Goyle, have you seen Y/N?" I asked.

It's been hours. I'm worried.

They shook their heads. "Have you check the library?" Crabbe asked.

"I did, Crabbe. She isn't there." I said.

"Where else could she go?" Goyle asked.

"I've been asking that question to myself for hours, Goyle." Then an idea popped in my head. "Maybe she's with Potter." I spat.

They nodded. I dashed out of the common room to the great hall.

There sat Potter and Weasley.

Where's Granger and Y/N?

Weasley saw me. "Malfoy." He hissed.

"No time for that now, Weasley. Where's Y/N?"

They both look at each other with sad faces.

"What happened? Why are you looking at each other like that?" I asked.

"You might not like this, Malfoy, but come with me." He said sadly.

I nodded then followed them.

"Why are we heading to the hospital wing?" I asked.

Madam Promfey walked to us.

"What do you need, dear?" She asked us.

"Here to visit Hermione and Y/N, Madam Pomfrey." Ron said.

She nodded then went to get some medicine.

"Y/N..." I gasped at the sight of Y/N petrified.

"What happened?" I turned to Potter. "What did you do to her?!"

"Hermione and Y/N were investigating about the Chamber of Secrets. Later on, they were found petrified."

I noticed Y/N and Granger holding a mirror.

"Why are they holding a mirror?" I asked.

"Yes. Does this mean anything to the three of you?" Madam Promfey asked.

I shook my head then went to Y/N's bedside.

"You idiot. I told you not to hang with
Granger." I scolded.

Nothing. I sighed. "Wake up, Y/N. You look ridiculous. I'll finish all your sweets." I said,
tearing up. "Wake up. Please." I whispered, holding her cold hand.

———

"Back again, Mr. Malfoy?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

I nodded then placed the bouquet of flowers on her bedside.

I stroke Y/N's hair. "Hey," I started. "Do you think that the Weasley girl is acting really odd? I think she is. How strange," I said then turned to see a lot of sweets from Y/N's friends.

"Looks like you got some admirers, Y/N. I'm sure you'll have a toothache after you eat all these sweets." I said then chuckled.

Tears started to well up in my eyes. "I-I'm sorry , Y/N. I didn't mean to make you mad. I'm just really jealous and sad whenever I see you with the trio. I guess I just miss you, that's all. I miss your laugh, your smile, your wit and sarcasm, your voice, I miss the face of my fiancée," I stopped to wipe a few tears. "Did I ever tell you that I felt beyond shock and awkward when father told us the news? Things started to get really weird. I felt awkward and nervous around you, I felt butterflies whenever you smile or talk. Malfoys shouldn't feel this way, you know? It's also weird because we've been friends for so long, and I never felt this feeling before." I held her frozen hand.

"Come back to me," I said. "Please."

"Malfoy." A voice said from behind.

I turned. "Professor, I-"

"You're not in trouble, Mr. Malfoy. I came to talk to you." Professor Snape said then turned to Y/N. "I see you care for her." He said.

I nodded. "I do, sir. I really do."

"Take good care of her, Mr. Malfoy. Your father told me about your engagement and all. I just want you to know that I lost my Lily, so don't lose yours."