Chapter Fourteen

You want to be bad like the Devil? Like me? I can teach you every position it comes in." I whisper in her ear. 
-Debra Anastasia

"I would like to ask a question." Xavier says, leaning down. Our chests brush in a whisper of movement, no pressure just enough so I know he's there. His knee separates my legs, making me completely and utterly under his control -not that I mind that. "It's become an issue."

"The question or the need to ask it?" I ask, slightly flustered at the proximity between us.

Not that we haven't been closer, or more intimate but this wasn't about sex or touching this was about me as a person, and I have a feeling it's going to be just that -overly personal.

"The need." He says, blue eyes burrowing into me. "Do you or do you not think you're beautiful Emmeline Carter?"

I take a deep breath before responding, "Why does this feel like some sort of trick exam question? Where's the check-yes-for-all-that-apply thing come in?"

Just like a wolf he growls, the sound vibrating in my own chest.

It was a warning.

"Come on," I groan. "What kind of question is that?"

"The kind you need to answer." The Devil says, voice serious.

Gulping I turn my face to the side, knowing that trying to move my arms from his hold would get me no where. Not unless I told him to stop, and for some reason I'm not willing to do that.

I shake my head, lowering my gaze.

It's amazing how far I've come in such a short time, and a lot of that has to do with him, but one thing I didn't get back from my old like was self love.

My body has always been a neutral point for me, but I've always thought of myself as less than if I had to pick.

Big boobs and a actual ass don't equal out to beautiful.

They equal out to a body.

"I, I don't know...why are you even asking me this?" I huff, squirming against my bedroom door.

"Because I want to know." He says, patient and observational.

If he wanted to he'd wait me out, pining me against him until I spill my insecurities -simply because he knows he can fix them.

He shouldn't have to do that, I should be able to help myself. I shouldn't be a burden on him like that.

"That's not, not a fair thing to ask me -how would I know if I'm beautiful or not?"

Xavier tsks at me, moving his other hand against my rib cage to wrap around the front of my body.

Why the fuck is he so large compared to me?

I'm not even that short.

"That's not what I asked." He points out, bending his head so he can meet my eye where I had turned to the side. "I didn't ask if you were beautiful. I know the answer to that."

"Good," I snap, "Then why do you need me? You're smart enough, Wolf."

"Princess." He says, making me gulp. I'm on my last warning. "I asked if you thought you were beautiful." Xavier pauses, tilting his head to the side like a wolf watching his prey. "And you're going to answer."

"No." I deny stubbornly. 

With a raised eyebrow he shoots his head past my lips, burying his teeth into the overly sensitive skin on my neck. The Devil clamps down on my skin, moving his tongue across me.