Chapter 5: Cruelness

Tatsumi and Mine went to the Capital for their mission while the others were on stand by. I ask a humble permission to Najenda if I can retrieve my other stuffs at my old base. She agrees but..she said that Akame will accompany me.

I don't know if she's also doubted me or she just want me to be safe. I am a ex-general and more powerful than her, so envoy isn't needed. But orders are orders..*Sigh*

Akame: Can I ask you something?

Y/n: Ask.

Akame: Why are you hiding your face with a mask? The rumors said that you died so no one could ever mistaken you as the old you.

Y/n: Wearing a mask helps me to forget everything.

Akame: Forget?

Y/n: I've done so many cruel and unforgivable things on my past, and to forget that, I wear a mask and made a new character to restart my life again..

Akame: But, Lying to yourself can hurt you.. a lot.

Y/n: If that is the only way to take that horrible nightmare away from me, then.. that's a chance I'm willing to commit...even if it hurts like hell.

Akame:.....

We reached our destination and grab the backpack which Yule packed for me. I examine it and only a pair of clothes, masks, foods and a...letter? I saw Akame's drooling for the food so I gave it all to her and focused to the letter. I opened it and a small pocket watch dropped. I pick it up and open it, my eyes slightly widened as I saw a miniature of my imperial and mercenary crest inside.

Yule's father is a watch maker, she probably requested this for me. I closed the pocket watch and slid it on my pocket then read the letter.

To, N/n.

This is my birthday present for your next birthday, I hope you like it. Please take care and when you choose you right path, do not wear your mask. Just be yourself okay? You will be fine.

Yule.

I went dead silent for a few seconds and put the letter on my bag pack. When there is nothing more valuable, I set the bag pack on fire. I can see Akame's confused expression but I didn't mind and continue to burn my stuffs.

Y/n: Let's go back.

Akame: I thought you will retrieve those things?

Y/n: I already have. So let's go.

She didn't argue with me and followed to my order when a strange man blocked our way. Wait..I know this guy.

???: Ah, finally found you! The Traitor Mercenary Leise!

I can feel Akame's intense aura as well as this serial killer but I played cool and calm. Nothing good will happens if we both attacked without thinking.

Y/n: Hugo, its been a while.

Hugo: Huh? You already knew my name?

Y/n: Tell me, are you the bastard that kill Yule?

Hugo: Yule? Oh..that other traitor at the inn? Yes. Its because she let you escape from us. You know, Traitors were meant to die because of their foolishness.