Chapter 15: Recurrence

Tatsumi's POV.

Damn it, I don't know how did Y/n manage to  controlled me without connecting her shadows on mine, but it would be one of her trump cards. I should've save her if I only resists her manipulation. I already felt her aura but I didn't quickly repelled it, now she's fighting Wave alone with that state.. Argh!

I fell on a river once I've noticed that I am no longer in Y/n's control. Geez, the damage I've received from Wave plus the running command of Y/n make my body fully exhausted. I walked out to the plain ground to take a quick rest but a huge Jackaleo shows up from nowhere.

Shit, why did you have to show up right now!

I tried to move but its useless, the danger beast attacks but before its claw reaches me, it was quickly beheaded by...AKAME?!

Tatsumi: A-akame?!

Akame: Are you okay Tatsumi?

Tatsumi: Y-yeah, how did you find me?

Akame: After Y/n left the base, we searched for her and saw some signals through the whole area. Lubbock and I head out to see what was the purpose of those signals and..found you.

Tatsumi: Signal?

That must be when I heard some loud howls before a bunch of Jackaleo's attacked us.

Tatsumi: Akame, we have to save Y/n! She...she's not okay, I saw her spewing blood and-

All of the sudden, Lubbock shows up and drag us both away and run.

Lubbock: Oh for the love of god! Don't just stand there! An enemy reinforcements are already here so we must get the hell out of here as quickly as possible!!

Wait..What? Reinforcements?! Oh no..Y/n, I hope she escapes too before those bastards seized her. When Lubbock sees that we were safe, he stopped dragging us and Akame helped me to walk. Geez, Wave surely did a critical hit on me.

Tatsumi: Thanks for rescuing me, Lubbock.

Lubbock: Yeah, its fine. It was kind of my fault for bringing up that stupid tournament. If anything happens to you then I'll be the only guy left into the group, well, that might be okay.

Tatsumi: Hehe, oh really?

Akame: Don't listen to him, he almost shrunk in fear when Y/n knew that Esdeath took you inside the palace. So he did everything on his power to traced you.

Tatsumi: Yeah, I know. But why did we left Y/n there? She needs us.

Lubbock: I'm sorry Tatsumi but, before I drag you and Akame away from that place, I saw Y/n, i was going to help her but..it was too late. The reinforcements arrested her.

Tatsumi: Why? Why did she make herself as a bait just to save me?

Akame: We don't know, she didn't say anything before she left the base.

Lubbock: Yeah, she just struck our necks before she left us, unconsciously.

Tatsumi: Wait a minute? Unconsciously?

Akame: We will explain later, for now we must get away from here. I don't want her sacrifice wasted for nothing.

Tatsumi: Okay.