Chapter 12: Failure

This isn't good. It seems that the empire has something up on their sleeves. They doubled the roaming guards and add more archers on each station towers. So, the rumors that General Najenda sought was true. I furtively infiltrate the imperial army's main base and went to my old camp near the artillery room to find my Scharfrihter. Sadly, there's no one in there when I arrive. Thinking of some places where my Scharfrihter could go besides in my old camp, the image of a river suddenly pops up on my mind.

Maybe, they were at the River near the forest. We used that place to train their Teigu's Trump Cards secretly. I didn't waste any time and left the Imperial Army Base. I took the shortest path by taking the rooftop route of some buildings to make my presence still hidden. I must meet that trashy bitch and make her pay for making my team her dumb pawns.

But..I didn't expect to see a cat-like blonde at the roof not to far from me. I stop running and hide to observe what is she doing. She's already in her beast mode and ready to attack..wait, who's is she going to attack? I trailed her angry glares down with my own (E/c) eyes and shocked when I saw who's her target below.

Esdeath.

She's sitting under the huge red umbrella and chilling like a normal citizen on a open space. From her movements, she's trying to make Leone out of the shadows and beat her. This is bad, Leone's going to fall for her trap as I saw her rage coming or from her aura. I put my old mask on onto my face and gestured my hands to reached her shadow. Before she could leap out and harrow Esdeath, I successfully attached my shadow on her, making her in my full control. At first, she was going to panic once she can't move but when she sees me, she starts to clam down but her rage is still in tacked.

I shook my head twice and signed her to retreat but her urge to kill Esdeath isn't fading. Until, Esdeath sent a wave of her aura within our range and both gave us a cold shivering goosebumps. Leone's sweating and starts to shake, knowing the difference of their power. I move her head and fixed her gaze on mine and shook my head for the last time.

We saw an old man come out from the store and I free Leone's shadow to retreat. Thank goodness, she listened and didn't go after to that silly trap of Esdeath, Night Raid has still a very long way to go and I don't want any single of them die..not until the revolution day comes.

I was ready to move when all of the sudden, my former Teigu unleashes the same repulsive aura that Esdeath made earlier, making me more nervous as I saw Esdeath's shocked expression. Shit, she felt my presence...better run, NOW! I jumped through the rooftop and made a safe landing and started to run but.. It was only a matter of time when I saw a bunch of ice daggers in front of me and starts to targeted me, I swiftly dodge it and draw Gracrux to destroy them.

Esdeath: Oh my, you have good reflexes, you must be the Mercenary who betrayed us, correct? *Smile*

Y/n: ...

She stood in front me and holding her Rapier in a elegant way. She clearly don't have a hint about my true identity. This is good but not good, I can't use my former Teigu so relying on Yule's Teigu would be perilous since my enemy here is none other than Esdeath.

Esdeath: It is quite rude to not respond, right?

Y/n: (I know that but I don't want you to know my true identity..so I'm sorry for being rude.).