Chapter 22: Collective

I am quite surprise to see Tatsumi here in Mount Fake, I knew that he's isn't alone since I can sense Lubbock's shadow not to far from here. I am still wearing my emotionless look as Esdeath starts to asked so many questions and even gave him a hug. But their little reunion was interrupted when a bunch of danger beasts appears from god knows where. They looked pretty tough and slightly resembling those new breed of danger beasts that we were hunting down.

Esdeath: N/n..

Y/n: I'm on it.

She takes the left side and I took the right side and decapitate all of the enemies within a speed of a bullet. Tatsumi was just standing there, his mouth is slightly agape while watching us do a bloody massacre. Once we're finished, Esdeath was going to him when a danger beast surprisingly survive and move to attacked her. This made her flipped out and harshly dug her heel on its head and twisted it with pure anger, I'll let her since I am sensing another putrid shadow nearly to us and I can't determine which direction.

When there was no obstacles nor danger beasts to hold her down, she lounges on Tatsumi and hug the boy. Surely she's obsessed with Tatsumi, poor little him. The other putrid shadow moves and there, i was able to locate them and partially stood up on my battle stance and glare to the rock where that shadow is hiding, Esdeath notices it too so she let Tatsumi go and point her Rapier to the direction I was glaring with.

Esdeath: How could there be so many interruptions on a deserted Mountain? You there! Show yourself and don't hide like a coward! If you still refuse, I'll have my comrade here to torture you!

There was no response at first but then, the shadow came out behind the rock and chuckles amusingly.

???: Well shit. I thought you and your shadow wouldn't never notices me. Not to shabby. Now I understand why were they so bloody terrified from you two. Anyway, Now that the three of us exchanged pleasantries..its probably for me to stop playing with my lovely toys. *Chuckles*

Y/n: It seems like you know something why a bunch of danger beast were roaming in this area..I would like to ask you a couple of questions nicely but if you won't cooperate. You'll see what happens.

???: Ooh..how frightening. I'm so sorry but that's not my cup of my tea. But if you're in need of a little excitement, I would willing you two play with my other toys! Behold, my imperial arms!

This weird guy shows a strange device on his hand and the last thing I knew, we were surrounded by a huge purple light.

???: SHAMBALA!!

The purple light enveloped and somewhat teleported us on a strange lone island that is surrounded by the blue ocean and it's broad daylight? I took a deep breath, the smell of air seems quite refreshing, the sun rays was just warm and it made me somehow energized. All of this were true and not an illusion. Strange, how did he managed to teleports us?

I've heard his voice somewhere before but I can't clearly remembered where and when..I slightly shook my head and set aside that problem to face this another problem in front of us..I have to take Tatsumi away from Esdeath..again. Since we were all stranded, it is the best to stay calm and act like I didn't know him. He tried all of his best to dodge and escape from Esdeath's teasing and hugging treatment. I don't want to interfere so I keep myself busy, hunting for any clues on how we could go back on Mount Fake.

It took us a whole day exploring the island and thankfully, Esdeath and I manage to decipher a way to get back and tell it to Tatsumi. He sighed in relief as we explained to him what we've discovered. Waiting for the portal to activate again, we all sat in the cold sand and not expecting to be interrogated by Tatsumi about our dark past. I made a exhausting sigh as Esdeath easy fall from his tricks. From the beginning, Tatsumi was very observant towards Esdeath and asking her some personal and private questions. Blinded by love, Esdeath didn't mind spilling out the beans and not minding my presence there. He's obviously gathering some information to know her weakness and use it when the revolutionary days starts.