Chapter 27: Searing Hatred

No one's POV.

At the palace's outskirts, there was a bloody fight going on between the empire's finest soldiers and NightRaid's Assassins. Tatsumi is having his hard time dealing with General Budou because of its enormous strength and his Lightning Adramelech while Lubbock's already pissed in Syura who's treating him like a play toy. On the other hand, Y/n is silently standing along with Syura's men with her arms crossed on her chest while watching their battles and readying herself just in case one of them needs her help.

As the fight goes on, she saw Syura's having the same rough time dealing with Lubbock. Y/n is istll pistol her standby mode and waited for a minute or two until Syura screamed in pain as Lubbock successfully decapitate his arm with the strings that he'd set while running and dodging his boasting attacks.

Y/n: Do you want me to interfere?

Syura: NO! STAY THERE! THIS PRECIOUS SONNY IS ALL MINE!?

Y/n: ...

She did stay on her ground and let Syura struggles more but it soon turned once the aristocratic girl stabs Lubbock behind and bought him time to throw Lubbock in Space. He laugh victoriously as he assumed that Lubbock is trapped in space until he notices some strings entangles his decapitated arm and slowly dragging him to the Void too. Before the light purple mark vanishes, Y/n transforms on her armour and enters to the mark along with her shadow right before the portal closes. When she's inside, she saw that Syura's already have a spear made of strings in his chest. Lubbock controls the strings and squished Syura's heart, instantly killing him. Y/n dispersed her Teigu and went to Lubbock's direction, he's all weak and he has no more strings to use.

Lubbock: A-are you here to finish what he's started..Y/n?

Y/n: ...

Lubbock: *Cough* Ya know, it's such a s-shame you switch sides..it..is..better if you were o-on..our..side.

Lubbock can't no longer maintain his balance and accidentally reeled his head on Y/n's shoulder.

Y/n: I'm so sorry Lubbock, but I have to do this.

Y/n gently took Lubbock's Red Goggles off on his head as well as his imperial arms before dragging the dead Syura out of the void. Her shadow moves in and do its job real quick. As soon as the light purple portal disappears, they were on the mid air and falling right onto the battlefield. The Silent Führer teleports her Shadow safety to the ground before throwing Lubbock into Syura's men who's spears were now aiming and later impaled him to death. Tatsumi saw this tragedy and made a guttural scream and tried his best to stand up but a soldier stopped him for doing it so. She saw that General Budou succeeds on taking down Tatsumi with his paralyzing teigu and that made Y/n create a secretive sigh before her feet touches the ground but she looses her balance and going to fall, good thing General Budou catches her in time.

Budou: Are you alright?

Y/n: Yes.

Budou: We fought these punks but I won't be so sure if the Prime Minister's going to be happy about this.

Y/n: I'm sure he's going to choose to eat a bunch of meat and maintain his goofy side rather than mourning his son's death.

Budou: I agree with that. I'll be going to detained him and report this to the prime minister, you should rest Y-

Y/n: Thank you but I won't abandon my mission, it would bring me such shame if I do so..

Budou: Very well. If you insist, change of plans. Take these young man to the dungeon and head to the prime minister's office once you're done. I'll be waiting for you there.