Chapter 28: Chosen Path

The rumors about General Budou's death spreads  through the entire capital like a deadly plague and as the result, all of the citizens were angrily questioned if they were still safe under the empire's regime. To he honest, losing General Budou is really made a huge damage to the empire's defense and morale, not to mention me, Esdeath, and Honest were the last. If one of us dies, the Succession of this Rebellion will surely occurred and they will overthrow the young emperor or worst, beheaded him for betraying his own people. The officials were now relying on us to turn the tables and eliminate NightRaid along with the rebellion they've started. The prime minister gave an order to clear the Empire's surroundings before they could even start.

We've been trying to suppressed their army by destroying their army posts onto the North, East, West and Southern parts of the Capital but they were still reappearing like an endless piles of mushrooms and giving us a damn restart. This situation making our job five times more complicated than annihilating two nations in within a week. Two against a massive units of their rebellious soldiers is seriously odd but we were the only General's left under Honest's command, so we even have to do this and i bet, somewhere out there..Esdeath is happy and excited to kill and applying her unlimited torture methods to them, relentlessly.

It was already sunset when I got back from the raiding mission with a bloodied uniform and pair of slightly tired (E/c) eyes. I took a quick bath and wear a clean uniform before heading to the throne room and report the current status to Honest and to the officials as well. After that, I visit the Jaeger's headquarters to see if Esdeath arrives but sadly, I only saw Run who's silently standing at the balcony and watching the chaos beyond the Palace's fortified Gates. He sense my arrival and quickly turn around and bow in front me.

Run: Ah, Good Evening General Y/n. What can I do for you?

Y/n: I came here to see Esdeath but it seems she's not back yet.

Run: Sadly, the commander is still busy cleaning the South border.

Y/n: I see, by the way. Where's Wave and Kurome?

Run: ...*Sigh* Kurome left to challenge her elder sister in a duel and Wave followed her to help Kurome.

Y/n: Where?

Run: In a old ruins of a church near at the Kanile Forest Constitution. Why did you ask, General?

I didn't answer his question instead, i turn my back on him and,

Y/n: If Esdeath arrives and ask for me, tell that I'm on a quick errand and don't tell that address to her either, got that?

I thought he wouldn't answer since I don't answer him first but I heard a low chuckle and a sigh.

Run: ...Clear as Crystal, General Y/n.

I went outside of the palace and quickly summoned my armour before teleporting to the blacked clear sky and fly towards the Forest. Judging by Run's actions, they maybe left a few minutes before I get back and by my precision, he's now ruining Kurome's plan. Damn, I may arrive late again if I take this way. I have no choice then.

Hey hey, hold you're heroic villainous self right there for a minute! What in the hell are you trying to do now huh?! Don't ya see that I'm still taking my beauty nap?