Chapter 8: Errand

I'm silently enjoying my morning by a cup of hot coffee while reading a book on my hand at the dining area with Najenda. Everybody seems having a busy morning except for Tatsumi who's still recovering after he face Zanku and mostly killed.

I admit that he almost got my head too, but thanks to the swiftness of Akame's Murasame, I am still breathing and..alive. As of now, Me and Najenda are the only ones here so I'd better start talking if I want a progress to my clandestine plan.

Y/n: How is he?

Najenda: He's alright, although, Zanku really made a number on him.

Y/n: As my standards for a refined swordsman, he is completely out of the picture. Why did you let a pusillanimous amateur like him to join anyway?

Najenda: *Chuckles* Maybe you're right. Tatsumi isn't a cool refined one but..when you see his undying determination, you will definitely knew that this weak boy you've judging now..might be our trump card to fight the Imperial Army and her when that time comes.

Y/n: ....speaking of the imperial army, general..

Najenda: I told you for a thousand times, call me Najenda. Were not in the imperial army anymore Y/n.

Y/n: *Sigh* I would like your permission on something..

Najenda: My permission, on what Y/n?

Y/n: I will leave Night Raid for a special errand.

Najenda's light purple eye widens and looked at me with a serious gaze.

Najenda: I'm listening.

Y/n: I was thinking on what Akame said when Amelie shows up and mostly ruined the mission on assassinating Iokal. I believe that painful truth will lead Night Raid and the Revolutionary Army into a crucial situation so... I would like to ask a permission to leave night raid to hunt down my team..

Najenda seems in her deep thinking while sternly gazing at my (E/c) eyes. She knows that when i decided to do something, i will make it happen, no matter how much it cost..or sacrificed.

Najenda: Are you sure? They were your old team and comrades. It will definitely distraught you.

Y/n: Yes. And i don't have any regrets for doing this. This is the consequence that I've humbly accepted when I joined your cause. I have to get used to it while I can.

Najenda: ....Their imperial arms...

Y/n: If I eliminate them, I will bring them all to you. I know I can trust you on that one.

Najenda: Well..if that is your choice, then I permitted it. But, you will still a part of Night Raid and you can comeback once your errand is done.

Y/n: Thank you for permitting such selfish request. I'll be leaving now.

Najenda: Be careful out there..especially on her.

Y/n: I will.

I silently left the meeting room and went to my room to get the things that I've only needed for this bloody errand. After the preparation, I visit Tatsumi on his room but I encountered him and Sheele while on my way. He flashed a smile and waved his hand to greet me.

Tatsumi: Yo! Leise!! Good morning!

Sheele: Good morning, Y/n. *Smile*

Y/n: Good Morning, Sheele. You looked horrible into that current state of yours, Tatsumi.