Chapter 25: New Threat?

No one's POV.

Y/n's quiescently sitting on a woodenchair, reading an old dusty book while having a cup of hot coffee with Esdeath. They were taking some rest at the guest room and patiently waiting for a new fresh Intel from their subordinates. They've dispatched them to reconnoitre the Four Rakshasa Demon's movements since Bolic put them on offensive to hunt NightRaid by themselves. Esdeath let the priest wants, since she's totally annoyed with this bodyguard mission but something's bothering her, if the Rakshasa Demons were all here, why did the prime minister still put them to be his bodyguards?

Esdeath: N/n? Do you think this is..strange? Why did the Minister send us if the his favorite pawns were already in here to guard that pig?

Y/n: ...Maybe this religious group seems more valuable to him than we thought.

Esdeath: Hmm..

Y/n: Even so, we still need to think a secondary plan just in case those demons failed to execute the mission that they've clearly stole from us. I have a vibe that they won't succeed..not even the slightest.

Esdeath: Sounds like you've predicted the outcome of it huh N/n? *Smile*

Y/n: From what I've observe from your previous hunting days, you tried to ensnare NightRaid with your own tricks but they've still survive and now they've been pushing this puny rebellion into action. So, if I were you, I wouldn't underestimated them.

Esdeath: *Chuckles* Alright, you don't have to be so mean on me. I'll have that covered. For now, why don't we relax our minds for a bit and wait for them to return.

Y/n: ...

Esdeath: Anyway, I've heard that a mysterious warrior killed one of your precious student. I've been quietly curious about that..mercenary.

Y/n: They must be one of the Revolutionary Army's pets.

Esdeath: I know this is a selfish request but if you encounter that person, can you catch and store it on my torture chambers? I would love to know how did they manage to kill your student with such ease.

Y/n: ...as you wish.

Esdeath: Thank you, N/n. *Smile*

She is going to flipped the next page of the book that she's holding when the Jaeger's and her Scharfrihter arrives in to tell that Three out of four Rakshasa demons were easily eliminated by NightRaid. Esdeath's smile vanished as she stood up behind Y/n's chair and looked up to the window. Y/n's still reading the book on her hand and seems unfazed to the astounding news that their subordinates brought to them.

Esdeath: So, they've manage to wipe out most of the Rakshasa demons within just one night. Just as you predicted.

Y/n: What's our next move?

Esdeath: ...*Smile* I think this is the right time to play that game, right N/n?

Y/n: If that is your secondary plan, I disapproved it. This city is full of innocent Civilians and not to mention, they were holding a grand celebration tomorrow so causing a bloody havoc isn't suitable for this place...yet.

Esdeath: Aww, I'm just messing up with you N/n. Onto the real plan, Kurome, Wave, your Scharfrihter and I will stand on guard while you and the rest of my Jaeger's will be securing the city's perimeters. Are you okay with it?

Y/n: Of course.

Esdeath: Good. As soon as their celebration ends, we'll turn this place into a slaughter house for Najenda and her team. *Smirk*