Chapter 7: Pursuit

Hey...

Don't ignore me...

Y/n.

I can feel your emotions battling inside.

Come on..let me go. Let me..out...

Y/n...

Don't you want to end this shitty situation you were in, right? I can wipe them all if you want?

..just..let..me..

Take control.

Y/N!

I blinked many times as I saw Akame's worried face inched closer to mine. I also felt her cold hand on my plastered cheek and slowly rubbing it with her thumb.

Akame: Are you alright?

I moved my head away from her and set my gaze to the floor to avoid her crimson eyes.

Y/n: Yes.

Akame: Mine mentioned that you left the other guard escape. Why didn't you kill her?

Y/n: Because it isn't necessary to kill someone who's not in our hit list.

Akame: But she will. In just a matter of time.

Y/n: I know you weren't here to lecture me about that mistake Akame. What is it?

Akame: *Sigh* Najenda wants to see you at the meeting room now for our next assignment.

Already? Looks like Night doesn't want to waste time to destroy the imperial army into pieces.

I stood up from the couch and walk towards to the meeting room with Akame following me behind. Seriously, I am observing her for these past few days and her actions were quite alarming. Why? Because that was the exact actions I found out when Yule confess that she likes me. After what I've witnessed. I don't know if I can love again.

When we reached the meeting room, I saw Najenda sits on her chair smiling. Her smile grew more as she saw me and Akame entering the room.

Najenda: Well, we are all complete so i will start your mission debriefing. Your next target is a serial killer. He's roaming to the dark streets of Capital on night to kill innocent people for his own satisfaction.

Tatsumi: A serial killer?

Lubbock: Hmm.. The way of his killing.. He might be the head hunter Zanku, don't you think?

Najenda: If he was Zanku, then we have to eliminate him as fast as we could.

Zanku, my old comrade. He's been helping me when I am starting as a general while the Capital's on a purge mode to clean and eradicate criminals and traitors who stains the greatness of the emperor.