Chapter 23: Commence

Esdeath is still silent and quite gloomy as we headed back to the palace. Losing that boy again really got her cheerful side down, since it was already morning. I have to check my Scharfrihter if they were doing their new of morning routine I've set for their intense training. She sat on a chair and still wearing that mournful face.

Y/n: I'll be going to check my Scharfrihter.

Esdeath: N/n..

Y/n: If you have an order then say it. I'll accomplished it within a ma–..

Esdeath: I'm so sorry.

Hearing her apologize can made an ordinary person speechless and stunned at the same time..lucky for me, I wasn't even an ordinary person. But, after she heard my unrevealing suffering, she must be upset for not saving me by that time. I take a deep sigh and set my E/c eyes on hers.

Y/n: It's not your fault if I suffered that hellish fate before. If there's one to blame, it's me for being a weak kid.

Esdeath: I shouldn't take that test and do a regular hunt with you but...

Y/n: If you didn't take that test, there's a high possibility that they might take you and dispose me. So, it is alright if it was me to suffer and not you, that tragedy teaches me a lot of things in this..world.

Esdeath: Tell me something, what does you firmly believe that you have to sacrifice all even your emotions just to be a coldblooded hunter like that?

Y/n: You should clearly know the answer for that Esdeath. If you'll Excuse me, I have something to check up.

I left her and headed towards the training base near the palace grounds. As much as I hate to do that on her, I still have to. Sooner or later, the revolutionary will begin to tear down this corrupted reign and I do have an perception that I would encounter Esdeath nor General Budou on the process and only one of us will only remain standing. And with that, I've already create a strategic plan to help NightRaid at all cost, that's why I made my Scharfrihter prepared.

When I reached the training grounds, all of them were in good shape and ready to train but stopped and made a quick salute as they saw me entering the training grounds.

Amelie: Good morning General Y/n!

Y/n: Good morning. How's your training? Did everyone catch up?

Amelie: Yes, well..not really.

Amelie look at Milanor who's taking a hard time outside. I expected him to be the least among the rest but..it was okay. I know he will unlock his inner strength, just like Tatsumi.

Y/n: I see. I do apologize if you're totally having a rough time but I am doing this for your own good and for the others who will be needing our help someday..

Caleb: It's okay, General. We understand it.

Y/n: Thank you.

Amelie: Oh, speaking of others. General Najenda went here yesterday but you're not here so she left this small note for you.

I gently took the small piece of paper on Amelie's hands and signalling Caleb and Bishop to stood outside. Once they were outside, I open and silently read it.

........

I sighed once I've finished reading it, Amelie lighten up a candle and gave it to me. I burn the paper and kill the red orange flame onto the candle. Najenda wants me to meet her at a certain area to discuss the plans for the upcoming revolution.