Chapter 30: Her Unbroken Vow

No one's POV.

Before the Murasame's blade touches Y/n's neck, a long thin pillar shows up from every direction and protected Y/n from the sword and then followed by a bunch of flying ice knives towards her direction. She immediately dodged and sliced the others while making a distance from Y/n's location and saw the Ice Queen gracefully walking while holding her bloodied rapier.

Esdeath: My, my. And what do you think your doing?

Akame: ...

Esdeath: Taking advantage on someone who's completely beaten up is..disgusting, don't you know that?

She checked Y/n's condition and starts to worry once she saw her deep cuts and a few torn muscle flesh beneath her skin, she sighed and looked at Y/n's critical state, worriedly.

Esdeath: It's alright, you're going to be fine...Just hold on for a little bit okay N/n?

Y/n: ..I'll try.

Esdeath: Good. *Smile*

Esdeath gently picked Y/n up and place her into a safe area where she couldn't even get hurt before she starts her bloody fight with Akame.

Esdeath: So..instead of slashing that giant Teigu with your imperial arms, you just let Y/n do all the taking then wait for the right time until she became vulnerable and easier to kill?

Akame: My imperial arms won't effect on things that don't even have a heartbeat. And..I just want to end her sufferings with my own strength.

Esdeath: True. But..that theory is only making you weak and utterly useless..

Akame: I don't want your petty comments Esdeath. The war is already over and the empire has no strength to fight back. Soon, it'll be you and Y/n's  turn.

Esdeath: Oh spare me the drama, let's finish this real quick. I've got to save N/n's life real quick.

Akame and Esdeath both unsheathed their weapons starts to exchanged attacks. While they were having a sword fight, Y/n notice that a unit of Revolutionary soldiers are coming on their way with Najenda and Leise leading them.

Esdeath: Interrupters..why did they always making my life so challenging and fun?

Esdeath ran towards Y/n's direction but she's quickly hindered by Akame with a slash. The revolutionary army were now running towards the weakened general but to their surprise, the Silent Führer shockingly stood up like nothing severely happened to her. Her head is bowed down so they can't tell if she's going to attack or not. They still advancing when all of the sudden..

..a pair of huge black shadowed bat wings grew on Y/n's back. Everyone stops advancing once they saw that she's currently changing again.

Akame: W-what's happening to Y/n?

Esdeath: *Sigh* That's her Last trump card.

Akame: Last trump card?

Alerted by her surprising action, Leise fired a lightning bullet on her but it was only blocked by her wings. As soon as the wings outstretched, they saw that Y/n's hands were now covered in shadow and holding a long black stick. The mercenary goes for another shot but Y/n quickly vanish and teleports beside Esdeath.

Esdeath: N/n, why did you use it? It will..

Y/n: I know..so let me be at least on your side until the time ends.

Esdeath sighed again and gaze on her. Half of Y/n's face is now all pitch black and had a red lining from her eye down to her cheek, her old right (e/c) eyes became bright scarlet with a black scelera. Her wounds are also covered in shadows too, making a temporary armour that infused on her skin.