don't lie too me...

it's the next day.
bishop is busy working at her desk.
mcgee is showing palmer pictures of the twins. gibbs went down to abby's lab do give her a kafpow. sloane and torres are entering the elevator on the way upto the ncis floor.

"nick, are you okay? you look kinda down?"

"i'm fine, i'm great" he says hopelessly.

"i'm not the smartest person alive, but i'm 100% sure that was sarcasm."

"it's nothing jack, i'll be fine."

sloane pulls the lever in which the elevator stops.

"you're going to tell me what's on your mind right now or you're coming into my office for a talk!"

"i said i'm fine!"

"is it something between you and bishop?"

"how did you- wait, no, no no no."

"so it's bishop. did you say something to her? did she reject you?"

"reject me? pshhh, how could anyone reject me!" nick says, trying to flex.

"so if it's not what you said, then, it's what you didn't say."

"oh come on jack! don't be stupid! you're acting as if i'm in love with her!"

nick laughs at the thought. he thought it might've got sloane laughing, but that didn't happen. did he make it too obvious? had delilah told him? does he even know delilah? sloane was giving him 'the look'.

"you like her. don't lie to me! tell her the truth. tell her how you feel about her! she'll never know if you don't tell her!"

"what if she rejects me? like you said before. it's possible. what if
i say something and it ruins our friendship, what would happen then?"

"you'll never know until you say!"

sloane pulls back the lever and gets the elevator to start working again. immediately, the lift stops and both of them get off. sloane makes her way to her office and nick enters into the bullpen. ellie turns to smile at him but he just looks down. he was heartbroken. he was scared. agent torres was never scared but right now, he was at his worst. palmer leaves the bullpen to go back down to autopsy. mcgee signals torres to go to his desk.

"i heard last night"
"what? what do you mean? what exactly did you hear?" torres walks back to his desk and starts getting anxious and tense.

"i heard too" bishop adds in, with a confused sorta giggle.

torres walks off to ease his anger and annoyance. mcgee then gives bishop a worried look.

"you heard?! how?" whispers mcgee.

"heard what? i just wanted to see how angry he'd get. i thought it would be funny to be honest, looks like it didn't really work huh"

"ellie, i think you might want to tell him that"

end of part 9