the regular

*the next day*
"bishop, torres, check out the security footage at the coffee shop where mullen went to on his way home from work. if there's anything major, forward it to mcgee!" says gibbs.
*both bishop and torres arrive at the coffee shop*
bishop: hey nick, i'll wait outside, it's too crowded in there, also you already know my order so it doesn't matter whether i come in or not.
torres: okay, if you say so
torres joins the queue and stood behind him is an elderly woman, who starts a conversation with torres.
winnie: hey, i'm winnie, i'm supposed to be at bingo with the ladies but edna decided to go today and i really don't like her, she only thinks about herself and fakes a passing out so the game stops and she can switch bingo cards.
torres: oh, that's not good...
winnie: she really gets on my nerves, so i'm going to bingo late today, i can't be dealing with her, not before my coffee anyway!-
torres: *cuts her off slightly* have you been here before? do you come regularly?
winnie: everyday, i get the same thing everyday but sometimes i'll mix it up and have a cookie or a muffin to go with it!
torres: hey, do you recognise this man? is he a regular customer by chance?
*holds a picture out of the dead victim, richard mullen*
winnie: yeah, he's quite a regular, only comes in on tuesdays, wednesdays and saturdays, quiet, sits on that table, it's always empty by the time he comes in, he seems friendly but he doesn't talk.
torres: does anyone sit with him? join him at the table?
winnie: no, well, last tuesday, he stayed for an hour longer than he usually does, ive noticed these things often ever since my husband died a couple of months ago, very sad tragedy, this was our favourite place we always came together now i come to honour-
torres: that's lovely winnie, thanks for the information, i really need to go and pay for the drinks.
winnie: oh i'm sorry for bothering you kind sir, are you with someone?
torres: my partners sitting outside *pays at the till then turns behind him to point to ellie sat outside*
winnie: awh isn't she lovely, are you two together? you would make very cute babies!
torres: *has a shocked face, but awkwardly laughs it off* no, well, i don't think so, we're just close friends.
*winnie, the woman, then pays and stands near nick and waiting patiently for her drink, which arrives before nicks*
~~~~
this is quite a long chapter, i didn't realise! hope you enjoy! stay safe and stay indoors:)