Ψ Chapter 2 • A Brother's Bond Ψ

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 1:
"A Brother's Bond"

Ψ
Xander

        I peer into warm brown eyes. "Your eyes are pretty."

        "Thanks." Ryder squeaks. He's still quite fearful.

        I play with his hair. "I like your hair too."

        "Thank you." He looks at my hair. "I, um, I like yours too."

        "Thank you." I grin, playing with a small braid that Charlie put in it. "Will I always have to have you tied to me? Because I want you to have freedom so you don't get sad."

        "I'd like freedom." He agrees.

        "As long as your brother and your crew are good, we'll feed them and keep them warm. If your brother ever decides to join our crew, we might let him." I smile.

        "He would never." He states.

        "Because Charlie and I are sirens?"

        Ryder blinks. "You're one too?"

        "Yeah. He's my biological brother. I don't have wings though."

        Ryder's eyes grow curious and he almost reaches out towards me but stops himself. "Why not?"

        "They're gone."

        Ryder bites his lip and reaches over to touch my back.

        "It happened during the attack." I close my eyes. "They took our baby sister and cut off my wings."

        "Humans?" Ryder asks.

        "Yeah. She was just a baby."

        Ryder's eyes water and he drops his hand. "I'm sorry."

        "I'm sorry too. I don't like hurting people and neither does Charlie, but we just want to protect everyone. It's nothing personal. I legitimately want you to be happy."

        He sighs and sits down. "I never agreed with what Ethan does."

        The rope connected to our wrist tightens the slightest bit as he sits down on the other side of my captain's quarters, but there's still enough slack for him to move around freely. I sit on my bed that I pushed against the wall so that there'll be room for a second bed for Ryder to utilize.

        "I hate hurting people too. And animals. Anything, really. I don't like hurting anything." Ryder sniffles.

        "Me too." I look at my hands.

        Ryder looks up at me. "Why did you take me?"

        "I like you. You're pretty and you have heart. You also escaped and stood up to my big brother." I respond honestly.

        His eyes harden. "I won't let anyone hurt Ethan."

        "I'm glad."

        He fiddles with his fingers. "What are they gonna do to him?"

        "Question him. Not torture though. He's safe. Charlie brought him food, but apparently, Ethan stomped on it and then refused to eat it. He also apparently did weird things." I explain.

        Ryder giggles. "Sounds like him. What weird stuff?"

        "He said he'd show Charlie what sex feels like if he lets him out. Charlie said that he said to put a hard thing into a small hole and that Ethan showed him where his hole was." I scoff. "He was probably just trying to escape."