Ψ Chapter 6 • Human Indecency Ψ

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 5:
"Human Indecency"

Ψ
Xander

I wake up in someone's arms and I blink. It feels really warm and I don't want to get up, so I bury myself more into the heat source. The source is soft, so I pull it closer into me.

I feel a soft puff of air hit my chest and the source makes a cute whining noise.

"Ryder...?" I ask groggily. "Can I keep sleeping like this? I don't feel like moving..." I yawn.

"Sure." He says.

"I was told to move some of your friends down to your brother's level. Do you want to come with me?"

"I can?" He questions. "Yes, I want to see them. Why are they being moved?"

"Charlie said your brother wants to talk to you about that."

"Oh. Did he ask for it?" He asks curiously.

"Charlie made the executive order to move some of them down. I'm supposed to bring you to talk to all of them sometime," I explain.

"Okay." He looks worried.

"Do you want to do it now? You seem on edge."

"Kind of. I just don't like not knowing what's going on." He admits.

I nod and let go of him before running my hand through my hair. "Do you want any clothes?"

"Yes."

I untie the rope from his wrist. "We're going to have to go to Charlie's. My stuff would be a little big, unless you prefer that."

"Okay. Is he nice like you?" He asks.

"I like to think so." I hum and look at my desk. "Someone apparently brought a collar and leash." I look at Ryder and laugh.

He blushes. "F-For me?"

"I'd assume so. Would you rather the rope?"

He shakes his head. "The collar is fine."

I grab it and put it on him. "Does it hurt?" I ask, brushing my fingers against his neck.

"No," he sighs contently and shivers at my touch.

Chuckling, I kiss the top of his head before taking my shirt off and start to look for a clean one.

He watches me, sitting down on the bed. "I expected you to look more... fish-like." He giggles.

"Disappointed?"

"No." He smirks.

I grab the shirt and put it on before pulling my pants down.

Ryder immediately blushes and looks away.

I shimmy into the new pair and put my weapon belt on before grabbing the leash. "I could hold your hand instead."

Ryder looks at my hand and considers. "I don't care." He bites his lip.

I grab his hand and hold the leash in the same hand and take us to Charlie's room where the blond is soaking wet.

"Why are you wet?" I ask him.

"Healing," he responds, hissing and hanging his wet underpants out to dry.