Catharsis Needs Judges!

Hello, this is Ari and Jex from Catharsis and we are excited to share with you a project that we have been working on. We plan on hosting a writing contest! But to do so, we need judges. The more judges we have, the better. If you know of anyone, even if they don't follow us, please tag them in this chapter/send them the link to the Google Form to sign up. But before you sign up, we will share some information with you.

-

Types of Judges:

Simple Judge: these judges will remain anonymous and will not be allowed to comment or vote on stories that they are judging. This will keep bribing from happening. They will judge according to a rubric. All judges agree to be unbiased while judging and are required to contact @CielElric or @Ari_and_Jex if they are assigned a user who they are personally affiliated with.

Quality Control: these members work in checking math on rubrics and checking that stories in the "Xyderverse" categories contain the required credit to Catharsis. They also calculate the final score by averaging scores.

Head Judges: these are a mix of Simple Judges and Quality Control and work as overseers. They judge and will be assigned simple judges to watch over. However, these judges get more say in how the contest runs and are able to vote on visuals, rules, and other aspects of the contest.

Other: Please specify what you could add to this contest, rather it be a designer, prize maker, or any other idea you may have! We're open to new ideas!

-

Now that you know what types of judges that this contest will have, it is important to share the rules.

Rules:

*Judges are allowed to participate in the competition, but they are not allowed to judge their own work, find out who is judging their work, or judge anyone they know's work. If you know someone, you are required to tell someone so the problem may be rectified.

*For a language other than English to be allowed into the contest, there needs to be 2 (preferably 4) judges who are fluent in that language. So if you want your mother tongue included, make sure to tag them in this chapter or send them a link to the application and plead your case! We would love for languages other than English to be implemented, but sadly, we only know English.

*For a genre to be allowed in the contest, at least 2 (preferably 4) total judges need to want to judge it. Otherwise, it won't work with how the math works.

*Simple/Head Judges are required to judge based on a rubric (that will be shared with the participants. A blank one will also be shown to the participants before they sign up.). Failure to do so could result in banning from potential future contests.

*All judges must remain anonymous. This will keep people from bribing or attacking judges because they didn't win. It's for everyone's best interest, trust us.

*Judges must have a Google account and will have to learn how to use Google Docs and/or Google Sheets. Both of these are available as free apps/websites and are easy to use.

*Judges will all be required to follow the contest account until the contest has concluded so that they can see information pertaining to the contest.

-

Want to be a judge? Then please fill out the Google Form found on the Conversations tab! (There will also be a comment with the link on this chapter)

Want a language other than English, make sure to contact anyone who you feel qualified to judge in that language!

Want a large number of slots available for applicants? Help us get judges!