Ψ Chapter 14 • A Tail of Two Lovers Ψ

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 14:
"A Tail of Two Lovers"

Ψ
Xander

"Ethan, can you let go of me so I can go to the bathroom?" I ask, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Arms unwrap themselves from me.

"Thank you." I leave and head to the bathroom. Charlie built it. It uses pipes and empties into the ocean. It's gross if I think too hard about it, but the ocean is one big bathroom anyway.

I shiver.

I take my time doing my business, soaking in the alone time. Charlie needs to come back before Ethan begs to suck my dick or something. I wash my hands and step out of the bathroom, looking around.

Ryder's moved next to Ethan now, staring at his face. Ethan lays unmoving, his eyes barely blinking.

"Ethan." I pat his face. "Ethan, breathe," I order, covering Ryder's ears so he can't hear me.

Ethan breathes, but otherwise doesn't move.

"He can't see us." Ryder says quietly, waving his hand over Ethan's eyes.

I move my face close to Ethan's. "Can you see me?"

His eyes slowly blink, but don't focus.

"Ethan, Ethan." I poke his cheek.

He doesn't respond and Ryder curls up. "I'm scared, Xan."

"Charlie," I try.

Nothing.

"I'm going to kiss your brother." I announce and lean forward and press my lips against Ethan's, keeping my mouth closed.

He still doesn't respond.

I roll him off the bed and open the porthole, calling for water and splashing it on his face.

He doesn't even flinch.

Panicked, I cover Ryder's ears. "Ethan, wake up!"

"I am awake." He says, his voice monotone.

"What's wrong with you? You're broken."

He nods.

"Ethan, if you don't stop this I'm... I'll have s-sex with you." Ryder tries, but Ethan doesn't respond.

"I'll have sex with your brother in front of you." I say.

Only a slow blink.

"Do you want to see baby portraits of Charlie?" I ask.

"Charlie's gone."

"I have baby portraits of him."

"Gone."

"He's going to come back. He always comes back."

Ethan just stares.

"If you don't stop moping, I'll take Charlie's clothes off of you," I threaten.

Ethan curls up in a ball.

I come and grab the pants and start to pull.

Ethan kicks at me and starts thrashing. "No!"

"Then please stop acting like a corpse!"

"I am a corpse. I'm nothing without Charlie."

"That's not true. I heard that you're going back to land, without Charlie."