♆ Chapter 20 • Madness ♆

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 20
"Madness"

Charlie

         "Fishy, fishy..." one of the humans laughs, holding a fish above my head as another incentive to change. They've brought me down to the prison level where they've set up a small pool for me to sit in.

         "Stop messing around, Ezra." The Captain, Lazarus, snaps. "Change, siren."

         "Sirens don't have tails, dumbass, they have wings." I roll my eyes.

         "Then show 'em off, freak!" A woman kicks me.

         "Kill yourself." I hiss.

         The woman goes for her knife, but another crew member with ear wax stops her and drags her away.

         "Now, now, none of your little tricks are gonna work on us." Lazarus laughs and then brings his sword to my throat. "Change or you die."

         "I can't."

         He presses the sword into my skin. "And why not?"

         "I'm injured and sick. I cannot walk and staying awake is too hard. I cannot change."

         "You don't have a choice." He snaps and suddenly, the sound of yelling and fighting breaks out on the upper deck.

         "Kill me then. You're asking something impossible of me." I lean back. "Captain Dechart has abused me to a point where I cannot change as of now. He's vicious and he's come back to reclaim his prize."

         Lazarus smiles. "I don't think so because Captain Dechart is dead."

         "You left him with a merperson, dumbass. They healed him."

         "Why would they if he's so oppressive?" Lazarus shakes his head and steps into the pool with me. "Change or I'll break your useless legs."

         The sound of fighting gets closer.

         I move and rub his crotch with my face. "I can't, sir. Can I interest you in some other way?"

         His eyes widen and he looks away before shoving me off and stepping on my head. "Don't even try, you fucking demon."

         "Sir, I want to make you feel good." I moan.

         A couple of the other crew mates snicker and Lazarus glares at them. "Go find out what's going on up there! Now!" He barks and they scamper off.

         He turns back to me and stomps his foot down on my thigh, breaking the bone.

         I wince, but the water heals me right away. I just act like it's still broken.

         The fighting gets so close that Lazarus draws his sword. Before he can even turn around, Ethan has come in and thrust his sword into the man's spine, killing him instantly. Lazarus falls to the ground and Ethan falls to his knees, exhausted, and covered in blood, gore, and brains.

         He smiles at me. "I killed them all, Charlie, I killed them all for you."

         I stare at him and rest my hand on his face. "Are you okay?"

         He lifts his shirt to show several gashes. His face is littered with cuts and claw marks, as well as his thighs, his foot looks broken as well. "Now I am."