⚓︎ Chapter 21.25 • Innocent Naïveté ⚓︎

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 21.25
"Innocent Naïveté"

⚓︎
Toby

Content Warning: Attempted Suicide

We were ordered to evacuate.

The princess had come to us and told us to go to the sea, to keep Ethan's men safe. But no one said anything about the traitors from Dechart's ship. It was almost as if they were being left to die, so I decided to take action.

I went to gather the prisoners.

However, they were cruel. Despite my efforts, I was quickly overpowered and knocked out as soon as it was possible to do so. It didn't seem fair. It didn't seem right. I was too weak.

But now, that's all over and I am currently being held prisoner by the prisoners that I tried to save. Xander always warned me that I'd be taken advantage of for being nice, and I guess he's right. These people have not a single nice bone in their bodies. No, they're just full of hate, a blinding hatred that can somehow overshadow a good deed.

May their souls be saved.

Naked except for my underwear, I shift from where I sit, attached to the mast of Captain Dechart's-now Tony's ship. Swallowing, I try my best to build up courage.

"W-Why are you doing this?"

"Will you quit fuckin' whinin'?" Tony, the now Captain, growls at me.

"If you don't want to hear me, t-then just k-kill me or s...something." I try and look bigger than I am.

He just pushes my head down. "No."

"I-I saved you. Why... W-Why are you treating me like this? Why didn't you just leave me on the ship?"

Suddenly, Tony kneels down and grabs my chin, bringing my face so close to his I can smell his breath. "If you don't learn to shut your damn mouth, I'll start snapping fingers, ya hear?"

Biting my lip, I contemplate. If he wants me alive, maybe I can use that against him.

I close my eyes.

"Lord Poseidon, I give thy my life. Lord Poseidon, I beg of thee to set me free. Return this poor soul to the sea. I giveth my life in your name. Do not let these oppressors bring me pain."

Tony curses and shoves his fingers in my mouth, yelling to the navigator, "Watch the seas! Little brat's trying shit."

I bite.

Tony curses again and grabs my hand, holding it in front of my face. "You're going to learn how to behave, little one." He smirks then breaks my hand.

"I am over one hundred years old. H-He's going to take my life soon. S-Soon, I will be seafoam."

"You die, I get your tail. I don't lose shit dumbass." He slaps me across the face. "You really are stupid."

"I will become seafoam. My body will not be yours to pillage!"

"Sure." He rolls his eyes and stands back up.

I close my eyes and go limp, imagining that I am far below the water where my heart rate is so faint that it's unreadable, my body going cold.

"What the hell are we going to do with him, Tony?" A female voice asks.

"He's valuable."

"As a merman. Right now, he's just a boy! Why did we even take him in the first place?!"