⚔︎Chapter 19 • Turning the Tides ⚔︎

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 19
"Turning the Tides"

⚔︎
Ryder
⚔︎
Content Warning: Coercion into Sex
⚔︎
~Two Years Ago~

In a previous chapter Ryder mentioned running away with Tony to do a mission.
This is that mission.

         Our ship sits still, anchored behind a cliff shielding us from the eyes of the Elites and their city full of hopeless workers.

         Ethan, Tony, O'Malley, and I are standing on the main deck surrounding a small table with a map of the city and our target's schedule. Ethan has that look on his face that he gets when he's concentrating really hard. He really wants this kill, you could almost say he needs it. Killing this man could blow a hole in the system so big something might just be able to slip through.

         "He's guarded twenty-four seven, the estate practically on lock down." Tony states. "He suspects an attempt on his life may be made though I've confirmed we don't have a snitch aboard, so it must've slipped out at a port or something."

         "The men do like their liquor." Ethan nods in agreement.

        Tony chuckles before continuing. "The only people allowed inside are his nightly whores, both male and female alike."

         Ethan hums, thinking.

         "It's obvious what we should do." O'Malley says. "We send in someone undercover as a prostitute."

         "No." Ethan looks up at her. "I won't put any of my crewmen through something like that."

         I feel Tony's eyes on me and shift.

         "Someone might volunteer." O'Malley looks around.

         Ethan looks her in the eye. "Will you then?"

         O'Malley is silent.

         "That's what I thought." Ethan returns his focus to the map, "There has to be another way in, there always is!"

         I can see him starting to flounder. He doesn't know what to do. A leader is always supposed to know what to do.

         "This is really important, isn't it?" I ask for confirmation, a plan forming in my mind.

         "It could turn the tide of the rebellion," Ethan states. "Whenever we kill an Elite, another rises to take their place, but not this time. Adonis Doukas is too important."

         "Then I'll do it." I say, decided. "I'll be Adonis's prostitute."

         All eyes lock on me and I suddenly feel so small compared to the rest of them.

         "Absolutely not." Ethan says and I glare at him.

         "Why not?"

         "I will not allow you to be used like that."

         "It's not like I haven't been used like that before." I snap and he falls silent, head lowered.

         "Ry..."

         "I'm strong. I can handle it." I argue. "You rarely ever let me help on missions, please! This is finally something I can do!"

         Ethan's head shoots back up and his eyes are blazing. "Something you can do?! You mean whore yourself out to people who don't deserve to even look upon you much less touch you in such a way!"