♆ Chapter 8 • The Captain's Pet ♆

Under the Siren's Spell
Chapter 8:
"The Captain's Pet"

Charlie

        I tiptoe around the boat. Xander seems to be busy, so I don't have to worry about him getting in the way.

        The ladder creaks as I scale down it and I plop softly onto my feet. I go to Ethan's cell and unlock it, crawling in and throwing my hand over his mouth and use my siren voice, whispering in his ear. "Wake up, be quiet, and stay calm."

        Ethan's eyes open and focus on me. They widen in shock, then confusion, but he doesn't make a sound.

        I put my finger to my lips and grab his hand and pull him out of his cell and bring up to the highest deck and into my captain's cabin, locking the door behind us.

        Ethan's mouth opens but no sound comes out and he makes an annoyed expression, gesturing something I make out as, "why?"

        "You may speak," I say and crawl into my bed.

        "What are you doing?" Ethan hisses, looking around, his cheeks tinted pink.

        "I heard that you wanted to talk to me. I thought you'd appreciate privacy."

        Ethan nods and starts to relax. "I... Xander wants to send you away."

        "Oh." I gulp. "I guess I'll have to leave then."

        Ethan closes his eyes. "I don't want to be away from you."

        "I thought you wanted to leave."

        "I do," he balls his fists, "but it's complicated."

        "I want you to stay."

        He looks up. "You do? You don't hate me for throwing myself at you?"

        I blush.

        "Did you like it?" He continues.

        My blush grows and I nod.

        "Oh, wow." He ruffles his hair. "I, um," he thinks for a minute. "Do you think I could be... like, your pet?" He plays with his hat, not meeting my eyes. "Like Ryder?"

        I stare at my mattress. "I wouldn't call you my pet, but you could stay in my room. I can get another bed like how Xander did for Ryder."

        He smiles. "Thanks." He comes closer and just stares at me for a few minutes, the wheels in his head turning, before he stops. "Can I take a bath?"

       "In the ocean?" I ask. "I... yeah. I'll just stay in one of the emergency boats."

        "Thanks. I'm sure you don't want me covered in cum and blood. Unless that's your thing." He winks and sets his hat down on one of the tables.

        I grab new clothes for him to change into. "I'll wash your clothes while you bathe. I'll tell the fish and everything to stay away, so you don't need to worry." I grab black pants and a white shirt.

        "You can do that? Damn."

        "Yeah. I can do that." I stand up and grab his wrist and take him over to the boats and notice one is missing. I stare at it before helping Ethan into one and lowering us into the ocean.

        "No chains?" He chuckles. "You sure are somethin'."

        "Why would I need chains?" I ask. "If I tell you to do something, you'll do it."