"Playing victim"

Trinitys pov

It had been two days since "the incident" as Trinity had decided she would mentally refer to it. She decided not to tell Mr and Mrs. Dotson, the people who called themselves her parents, any of the events of Friday evening.

Not like they'd care much anyways. In their eyes I'm just a burden they regret ever taking on. Trinity thought bitterly to herself as she rushed about to get ready for the hell that is high school.

There was only one thing on her mind as she got dressed, grabbed a poptart, and rushed out the door with her backpack hanging haphazardly off her shoulder. As soon as she reached school she was planning on pulling Sarah, the girl she considered to be her closest friend irl, aside so she could confide in her the events of the previous Friday after they had left the mall.

Instead when Trinity reached the school she found her friend surrounded by people and decided to just go put her things up in her locker and prepare for first period. While she was doing so Sarah came up behind her and backhugged her.

She almost screamed right there in the middle of the hall. Before I could let out the shrill noise I spotted long brown hair in the corner of my eye. Seeing this she instantly calmed.

Smiling lightly Trinity turned around and hugged her friend back. She softly asked "Hey can we talk? It's really important." After seeing her friend nod a yes she pulled her into a classroom that wouldn't be used till second period.

Sighing loudly as she sat on one of the desks, she waited for her friend to find a place to sit at as well. She took a few seconds to ease her nerves before starting to speak.

"Um do you remember how we had hung out at the mall last Friday?" She began timidly.

"Well yeah? I mean it was only like two days ago. What about it?" Sarah replied slightly annoyed by how nervous the girl seemed.

"Well um... Its just that, something happened on my way home..." Trinity mumbled and continued avoiding eye contact, somehow not noticing the aggravation in Sarah's voice.

"Ohhh~ did you see a cute boy~?" Sarah asked suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Well no but..."

"What is it woman?! Come on spit it out!" Sarah snapped getting annoyed all over again.

Flinching away Trinity gathered up her courage and mumbled out the words she had been dreading but needing to say.

"Well there was this guy... And he... Well he grabbed me and hit me again and a again. Then h-he..."she paused choking back a sob. "He raped me Sarah... I couldn't get him to stop. It didnt matter how hard I fought he just kept going..." As she said this she pulled her knees up to her chest, curling into herself, and shut her eyes as tightly as possible. The absolute last thing she had ever expected was what her so called "friend" did and said next.

"Ya, as if Trin." Sarah said laughing.

"What? What do you mean..." Trinity asked her voice small.

"As if you actually got raped! If anything your just being the attention seeking little whore you are! If some guy did really "rape" you I bet you enjoyed every second of it!" Sarah snapped still laughing. "Or maybe little miss perfect finally got what she deserves huh?! Maybe now you'll realize that not everyones life is as perfect as yours! We all have our own problems to you know! I mean seriously, will you just stop trying to play the victim all the time!" She yelled storming out of the classroom leaving behind a broken and baffled Trinity.

The rest of the day Trinity went through her classes numbly writing down her notes but not really absorbing any of the information the teachers were giving the class. As she was walking through the halls with her head down there was whispering and rumors being spread but Trinity never paid much attention to those anyway. Because of this habit she didn't notice the glares of disgust being thrown her way by every girl nor the little insults being spit at her with little originality to them.

All she kept hearing was Sarah's searing voice in her head repeating the same cruel words over and over again. "Maybe little miss perfect finally got what she deserves!"

Did I actually deserve what happened to me? Is it some kind of karma for something I did? How is my life perfect? How am I perfect in anyway?!

Trinity was so deep in her own twisted thoughts that she didn't even notice the tears running down her face as she started out on her way home. Snapping herself out of her downard spiralling thoughts she looked around suddenly paranoid that something else might happen to her seeing as she was alone again.

She quickened her pace and rushed home. Slamming the door she ran up the steps to her room not even bothering to greet her so called "parents" as she passed the living rooms entrance. She raced up the stairs and locked herself in her room.

Throwing her bag harshly to the ground she flung herself onto her bed. She then pulled out her phone when it buzzed she check who the message was from. Her heat filled with dread seeing who's name popped up.

Chrisy boo
Seeing as you haven't replied since Friday I'm guessing you must be mad about something. I don't know what I did but please talk to me hun, I'm really worried about you.

Blondyberry
I'm not mad! Ive just been a bit busy this weekend! I'm sorry I worried you~

Chrisy boo
Are you sure your really okay?

Blondyberry
It's you're and ya I'm sure.
I'm fine~~~
Don't worry about me love. Everything is all good.

Chrisy boo
If you say so...
Just remember to text me when you get home next time! I thought someone had nabbed your or something.

Yeah... Definitely or something... Trinity thought to herself.

Blondyberry
Yeah yeah I get it MoM!
Bye I've got homework to do ttyt~

Chrisy boo
Bye sweetie~

Turning off her phone and putting it quietly on her bedside table to chrage Trinity sighed softly thinking to herself sorry I just don't think I could handle you reacting to what happened the same way Sarah did...

With that deeply depressing thought she went down stairs to eat then went back up to bed. Falling into a now familiar restless sleep completely unawares of the hell that was to come in the following months.