Damsel in distress

A few weeks later

Getting ready in the morning was huge struggle unless Sarah came over before Trinity could try to do it by herself.

Today Trinity had managed to get a pair of maternity pants almost to where they were meant to be. The stretchy part that was supposed go over her stomach was currently resting on her hips.

After maneuvering into a shirt she called Chris to her room to help. Seeing her already mostly dressed Chris sighed.

"What happened to taking it easy?" He asked moving to sit on her bed.

"I am." She replied before slipping on a pair of flats. " Now get over here and help me get this tummy band thingy onto my tummy. " She said pointing down at her hips.

Chris reluctantly got up and tentatively pulled the fabric up, hoping he was hiding his blush well enough for her not to see.

Not that it mattered anyways. Trinity was to busy hiding her own blush having not expected his touch to affect her so much.

Coughing and clearing his throat Chris straightened up and took a step back turning his face away.

"U-uh thanks..." Trinity said looking down in embarrassment.

"Oh can you get my bag for me?" She added blush instantly gone.

"Huh? Oh y-yeah sure." He responded scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Thanks again. Im sorry Ive been such a burden since the accident." She apologized.

"Dont be. Your not a burden Trinity. Besides if I wasnt willing to help you out I wouldnt have packed up my entire life just to be here for the soul purpose of helping you, would I?" He asked grinning at her.

"Well no but... "

Chris sighed and rapped his arms around her in a hug before he responded "Just think of me taking care of you as my way of making up for the time i was gone okay."

Trinity leaned into the hug at first but pulled back enough to see his face after he was done talking. After studying it for a moment she sighed. "You dont have to make up for something that was out of your control. You finally had a family, you were actually happy, and somehow I ended up making you feel guilty about even that? I never even realized how selfish I am when it comes to you." She said frowning and looking down.

"Hey..." He said placing a finger under her chin and tilting her head so that she was looking at his again as he stared down at her beautiful sea blue eyes. "You didnt make me feel guilty about being happy okay. I just didnt like being so far away from you for so long. "

They stood there just staring at each other for a long while becoming lost in the other one eyes. They both unknowingly began to lean further and further towards each other. They were less than a centimeter apart when the door bell snapped them both from their daze.

"Shit! Im so sorry Trinity I did mean to- I dont know what I was- Im sorry. Please dont let this mean things will be awkward again... " Chris stuttered out begging by the end.

"You head wasnt the only one leaning in though..." She muttered before adding in a slightly louder voice."N-no its fine. You didnt do anything. Uh you should probably go get the door or Sarah might get worried."

"Yeah." He said returning the tight lipped smile she offered him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Chris had let Sarah in Trinity made sure to hightail it outta there. Well... To the best of her abilities considering her ever growing stomach.Being in the second trimester with twins her stomach was huge and this caused her to wobble a bit as she went down the stairs of their apartment.

By now everyone at school knew she was pregnant. Some people where disgusted and called her names like slut, whore, and many fat related. They would try to knock her over whenever she lost her balance or would just randomly jab her stomach with their fingers as they passed.

Others where nice to her though, when she would drop her book in the hall or drop her pencil in class and couldn't reach it around her stomach with out practically sitting on the ground, there was almost always someone there seconds later to pick it up and hand it to her. Some people even invited her to eat lunch with them just so that they could ask her questions and feel the babies kicking,which they did practically twenty four seven.

Trevor had been avoiding Trinity like the plague. Whenever he saw her in the hallway he would huff and storm off in the other direction pushing people out of his way to escape her presence that much quicker. Though this was probably in his best interest since while Trinity was in the hospital she had told Chris what had happened and Sarah just so happened to be standing in the doorway the whole time. Trinity had later found out that Sarah had threatened Chris to get Trinity to tell him so that she could "overhear" it.

At some point the Dotson's, or at least Mrs. Ditson, had come over to the Cartwrites house looking for her begging for forgiveness and for her to come home with cookies as her peace treaty. Sarah of course never one to turn down cookies said she'd talk to Trinity and took the cookies.

She shared some of the ones she hadnt eaten with Trinity today at school. She had to admit the woman could cook but she wasnt going back to that house of horrors anytime soon.

Life was finally going great. That is until the headaches, coldness, weakness, fatigue, lightheadedness, and fainting began.