Anemia

This was the second time during her pregnancy that Trinity woke to the blinding lights of a hospital room with a worried Chris by her side.

"Ughhhh. What happened and why does my head hurt?" She asked groggily.

"You fainted at school. Have you been keeping things from me?" Chris asked clearly concerned about the fact that she had fainted while being pregnant.

"Nope" she said popping the p and looking away nervously.

"Trinity." He growled out.

"Yes." She said simply.

"Whats going on with you?" He asked with a bit of the growlyness lingering in his voice.

"You wanna know everything?" She asked as if to make sure even though she already knew the answer.

"Yes." He said eyes narrowing.

"Alrighty but you might wanna sit down." She said waiting for him to do just that before continuing."Welp I've been having, fatigue, weakness, irregular heart rate like my heart just starts beating really fast for no reason, been having trouble breathing, I keep getting dizzy or lightheaded at random times, and really bad headaches." She stated boredom evident in her voice.

"For how long?" Chris asked upset with himself for not noticing and disappointed in her for keeping him in the dark.

"Um like two weeks maybe?"

"Why didnt you tell me Trin?" He asked sounding surprised and hurt all at the same time.

"I thought it was just random normal pregnancy stuff. Its really not a big deal Chris." She said reaching for his hand to reassure him.

"Yes it is Trinity! You cant just self diagnose like that! None of the stuff that you've been going through is normal pregnancy stuff Trinity. They're almost sure you have anemia! If Sarah hadnt called an ambulance we still wouldnt know and if we dont know we cant help! What if you where able to hide it from us until it was to late? What then?! You or the babies or both would be fucking dead thats what! You cant hide things from us. We're here for you. To help you. But Sarah and I both cant help you if you wont let us." He said calming down and seeming more sad than angry by the end of his rant.

"Im sorry." Trinity whispered.

"Its okay baby just... Remember that I care about you. I dont care how small it is if you have an issue I wanna hear about it okay. I dont care if its just a bug bite you still tell me. And if you feel like you cant tell me tell Sarah." He said pulling her into a hug.

"Okay." She said sniffling.

"Hello." A woman said knocking on the door.

"Oh hey Dr. P! Soooo why did I faint in school? Do I really have anemia?" Trinity questioned chirpily seeming unfazed by the possibility.

"Um, well based off of the symptoms you friend did notice and other factors Im almost certain that you do but I cant say anything till the blood tests come back. Now in the mean time did you hit your head or land on your stomach when you passed out?" Dr. P asked taking out a pen and poising it over her clip board.

"No... I dont think so. Im pretty sure I fell backwards cause of the weight of my backpack and the backpack also stopped my head from reaching the ground." Trinity said after a moments hesitation.

"Good, good. And hows your arm?"

"Um it feels fine. Still hard to get ready in the morning but that would be an issue either way given the size of my stomach." Trinity mussed.

"Yes, I suppose so." Dr. P commented chuckling."But to be completely clear your stomach is a perfectly normal size for being this far along with twins."

"I know, I know, but its still weird. Its kinda like having a really big backpack attached to my stomach except its made of flesh and it hurts when when people make me bump into things." Trinity joked before glancing at Chris's face and adding "n-not that they do..."

But it was to late. "Who pushes you?" He growled.

"N-no one. J-j-just some p-people at      s-chool..." She mumbled playing with the hem of her shirt since she was never changed into a hospital gown.

Chris just grumbled and turned away. Dr. P smiled and left the room only to come back a few minutes later.

"Well your tests results are in. You do have mild anemia but it can easily be treated by a few iron supplements. Other than that you should be good to go." She said before handing Chris the discharge papers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got home Chris left to get groceries right after and Trinity went straight to her room. All she wanted to do was sleep forever. Unfortunately as soon as she laid down the babies decided it would be better if she didnt so instead she went to go eat something from the kitchen.

Having looked through the pantry and fridge at the small selection of pre-made things she decided to just cook something. Somehow this lead to her cooking two meals and mysteriously  ending up with three batches of cookies to go with. Did we even have the supplies for cookies? She asked herself as she took a bite.

"Mmmmmm. Sho freaing goud." She moaned through a mouthful of cookie.

"Whats so good that your not laying down or at least sleeping?" Chris asked walking into the apartment.

"I mac ookies" she said with her mouth still stuffed.

"Ew! Omg thats sooooo~ unladylike." Chris said mimicking whats generalized as a popular girls voice.

"Yeah well Im pregnant and hungry. Try to tell me no. I dare you." She retorted back after swallowing.

"Uh ex-cuse~ me?!  I dont got a death wish hun. I wouldnt want my weave to go flyin when you try to kill me!" He said continuing the voice.

"Bish im abouta fuck you up if you dont quit that annoying voice." Trinity said giggling and holding up her fist.

"Woah okie okie!" He said raising his hands which where still holding the groceries he had gotten in them.

"What did you do?" She stated bluntly as she spotted something in one of the bags.

"Huh? Oh um its cause we didnt get to eat the cake last time and you where craving sugar so I bought a ice cream cake." He said nervously.

"No its not... Its cause your upset that I didnt tell you about all the stuff isnt it?" She said smiling softly.

"Oof. Busted. But yeah thats actually exactly why. Well no lemme rephrase it, I'm really not upset just thought we needed it since you didnt even think to tell me." He said setting the stuff down and starting to put it up.

"Okay. Lets put this shit up and get to eating." She said moving to help before he could stop her. "Oh and lunch and dinner for tomorrow are in the fridge." She added as they finished.

"What?" He asked remembering the freezer and pantry being almost empty when he had left.