Make up cake

Trinitys pov

After she finished working Trinity slowly walked home glancing around quite a few times. She had stopped by the the store and gotten a cake to apologise yo Chris for reacting to his "confession" the way she had. She out of all people understood that what you felt for people wasnt entirely up to you. She also knew how hard it was  to love someone that you knew you could never have.

When she walked through the door to there apartment she nearly dropped the cake upon seeing the numerous red marks and light bruising on Chris's arm as he walked out of the kitchen.

Noticing her presence when she gasped Chris quickly took the cake before it could fall saying a quick "oh your home. We need to talk." as he took the cake and placed it on the counter.

" Yeah... We do. But umm... First what happened to your arm?" She responded still staring at his arm as she unconsciously reached out and touched it tentatively.

Chris flinched ever so slightly away from Trinitys hand causing her frow to deepen considerably. "Oh its nothing. Just you know, Sarah came over tried to kill me with her flyswatter, broke it, switched to a pillow, calmed down enough to talk, got mad again hit me some more, then made me realize im an idiot, and left. No biggie." He said gesturing at the couch and the busted pillow that sat on it.

"Oh... She really went overboard this time." Trinity said absentmindedly plucking a feather from his hair and giggling when she used it to tickle his face.

"Does it hurt?" She asked turning her attention back to his arm. Looking at it closer she could see the little lines from the flyswatter making contact.

"Its not to bad." he replied shrugging.

"Good" she said before smacking his arm. "You know I tell Sarah everything why the hell would you let her in when im not here? Especially right after the very first fight we've ever had?! You knew she was gonna be pissed! Why did you let her in?" Trinity asked waving her hands around as if that would get her point across better.

"Have you seen her mad? I was afraid she was gonna break down the door! Plus if I hadnt let her in then she woulda gotten even more mad. Im pretty sure she would have actually killed me then." He said being completely serious but still laughing as he said it.

"True... Anyways time for makeup cake!" Trinity said after a moment.

"Make up cake?" Chris asked tilting his head in confusion.

"Yup! Im making it our new tradition! Ever time we get into a fight, one of us has to buy a cake and make sure to make up or neither one of us gets any cake." She said grinning.

After cutting them each a slice she set them on the table. Placing silverware and a glass of milk on each side of both plates she sat down and motioned for Chris to sit as well. When Chris reached out to take the fork Trinity stood and smacked his hand away.

"Ouch! what was that for?" Chris asked withdrawing his hand.

"I just said neither of us get any until after we've made up! Listen!" She said crossing her arms.

"Sorry, sorry sorry." He replied raising his hands in surrender.

"Good boy" she said as she patted his head before sitting back down.

"Okay now for the making up part." She started off suddenly a hundred times more serious. "Im sorry for reacting how I did this morning... I over acted for one and I... I totally disregarded how your feelings affected you and I was only focused on myself and I souldnt have been so selfish and closed minded a-and I'm really really really sorry." She said not even noticing the fact that she had begun rambling half way through.

"Are you done?" Chris asked once she had stopped talking.

"Y-yes?" She said still sounding unsure.

"Good. Now you listen to me, after finding out about my feelings in the way that you did, im surprised you waited till morning. I didnt have a plan for telling you but I know for sure thats not how I wanted you to find out. These feelings of mine affect both of us a fairly equal amount. So in my eyes my feelings towards the situation are no more or less valid then yours Trinity. You have every right to be upset. Hell I'm not even sure why your apologising. If anything I should be apologising to you! I kissed you when I knew you where already mad. I shoulda realized that my actions would have possible consequences. One of which being that it would make everything worse. For that Im sorry." Chris said speaking truefuly.

"Your not just saying all that so that you can get cake right?" Trinity said laughing a little as she was wiping away a tear as it fell to her cheek.

"Huh?" Chris said before looking down. "Would you believe me if I told you id forgotten about the cake?" He said looking back up at her.

"Honestly? I wouldnt except for the fact that you got icing on your arm when you grabbed my hand." She responded wiping the blue icing off of his arm and booping his nose with it grinning all the while.

"Uh rude!" He said placing his hands on his hips.

Trinity giggled to herself as she sucked the icing off of her finger. Suddenly there was a big glob of icing on her left cheek.

"CHRIS!" She shrieked while glaring at him.

This lead to an all out icing war and an hour later they where both sitting on the couch covered in cake and icing. As they sat together Trinity smiled and laid her head on Chris's shoulder. Im so glad things can go back to being normal for us so easily. She thought as she waited for him to pick a tv show.

When the takeout they had ordered arrived they both received a weirded out look from the delivery guy. While they payed him one of the neighbors came home. They both heard her say something about them being "such a sweet and lively couple" but oddly enough neither of them where bothered by the statement.

As if to further prove that everything was back to normal Trinity found herself falling asleep as she cuddled her best friends arm blissfully engulfed in his familiar scent.