True love

"They're both so beautiful." Trinity said beaming down at the little five pound bundles of happiness that rested on each of her arms sleeping.

Chris sat in the chair closest to the hospital bed fast asleep after standing with her through hours of tiresome labor.

"Why is he so exhausted? You did all the work." Sarah asked poking his check after she was done cooing over the twins.

"Dont wake him!" Trinity hissed trying not to wake the twins either. "Being emotional support is hard work to. The only difference is that he didnt have to be ripped open."

"If you say so babes." Sarah replied going to sit on her boyfriends lap.

"Tell the nurses that they can take the babies back to the NICU. I think im gonna get some rest to." Trinity said stifling a yawn.

"Of course darling." Cassy said standing up and leaving the room.

Trinity was already asleep and snoring softly and Sarah and Mrs. Cartwrite had taken the twins by the time Cassy came back with the nurses.
Mrs. Cartwrite passed the baby she was holding to the first nurse and went to help the other nurse coax Sarah into handing off the baby she had swaddled in her arms.

"Come on, being born is enough excitement for one day for these little angels dont you think?" Cassy reminded her little sister.

"Ok fine..." She sighed finally giving in.

"Thank you sweetie." The nurse said with a smile before leaving with the other nurse.

Shortly after Dr. Pepper came in and informed Cassy, who had recently obtained legal custody of Trinity, about the fact that they would be keeping Trinity and the twins for an extra day or two for observation since Trinitys body might have some issues adjusting after giving birth to two children.

"Yes thats fine as long as shes okay." Cassy said smiling.

"Oh yes she is doing very well considering. Its miraculous how well she and the twins are doing. If I'm being completely honest there was a really low possibility of even two of them surviving but here they are all three in perfectly good health. It truely is amazing and inspiring." Dr. Pepper said looking at her charts.

"Well us Cartwrites, we... We're fighters arent we Mama?" Cassy asked looking at her mother and sister.

"Yeah... I guess we are hun." Mrs. Cartwrite said  looking at her two daughters. 

"Yup"  Sarah agreed sliding into the hospital bed beside Trinity. She stroked her best friends soft hair gently and laid beside her deciding to go to sleep as well.

"Hey we're gonna head out and finish baby proofing the house and getting everything unpacked. Oh and tell Trinity congratulations on being a mom and a psychic." Blake said as he Trevor and Leon stood up to leave.

"Psychic?" Sarah asked drowsily.

"Yeah she predicted the it would be a boy and a girl and she was right." Blake stated as he bent over amd kissed Sarah on the cheek.

"Well she also predicted that one would die." Trevor said with a shrug earning him a slap from Leon.

"Ouch!" He exclaimed rubbing the back of his head.

"That was probably just worry overlapping with her premonition." Leon informed his nitwitted boyfriend.

"Anyways we are gonna head out now tell Trin we said bye and that we'll see her when she gets out." Blake said from the doorway.

"Mm bye babe." Sarah mumbled sleepily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please stop crying!" Chris begged as he bounce a baby on each hip. "Please please pleeeeeeeeease! Your Mama's trying to sleeeeeep! Shhhhhhh shh shh shh shh shhhhhhhhhhh! Come on guys help me out here."

"Awwww your so sweet tryin to let me sleep but it works better if your able to have full attention on each one so its best when two people are here to to do this." She said before taking Kairi and soothing her. "Which is why its gonna be so hard when we get out on our own huh babes?" She quietly told Kairi hoping Chris wouldn't hear her. But he apparently had heard her seeing as he suddenly stopped bouncing Kayden.

"What?" He asked.

"Well I just thought that we cant live here forever. Your not their father so why should you have to take on the responsibility of raising them with me. Having to raise kids that arent even yours are kinda a cock block ya'know? And I could never do that to you. I love you waaaaaaaay to much for that. I mean you've talked about settling down since I was 8 and you where 11." She said smiling fondly at the memory.

"You do realize I was talking about settling down with you all that time ago right?" He asked with a nervous chuckle.

"No I did not." She replied blushing crimson.

"Geez your dense." Chris laughed.

"Am not!" Trinity defended accidentally waking Kairi who she shushed immediately.

"Sh sh sh sh shhhhhh its okay baby its okay. Mamas got you it alright." She cooed and soon Kairi was asleep again.

"You think its safe to put them in the cribs yet?" Chris asked referring to the cribs that currently resided on either side of Trinitys bed taking up most of the small room.

"Yup." She responded walking to her bed room door before moving to allow Chris to open the door since he only needed one arm to support little Kayden.

"After you milady." He says before following Trinity into the room and setting Kayden in the crib on the right.

"Such a gentleman! You learn from him little man." She said softly while looking over at her son.

"You know I still what I mean what I said back then... about wanting to settle down with you I mean." Chris said as they sat down on the couch with a plate of cupcakes.

"Really? Even though you'd have to wait a few years?" Trinity asked earnestly.

"I dont mind."

"You'd really wait for me?" She asked with tears forming in her eyes.

"I have thus far haven't I?" He asked poking her cheek.

"Yeah I guess you have." She said with a laugh as the tears fell to her cheeks.

"Ill always wait for you Trin, however long you need, its easy when you love someone. " Chris told her while wiping at her tears.

"I love you to." She responded pulling him in for a tight hug.

"Whaaaaa"

"Oh good heavens come on Chris you know that when one wakes up the other is soon to fallow." Trinity said with a groan.

The two sat on the couch leaning their heads together sleeping babies in their arms just enjoying the peace and quiet and each other's company.

"Chris?" Trinity whispered looking at him expectantly.

"Yeah?"

"I dont think Im willing to wait..."

"Oh...its ok I understand..." He said with a sigh.

"I mean I dont want to wait." She said right before leaning up and enveloping his lips with her own.

Fin~