hall neighbors

Sarah's pov

After leaving the living room Sarah went to work on her homework in a attempt to distract herself. Putting on headphones she turned her music up all the way and started on the english essay that wasn't due for another week.

After an hour or two Sarah heard a muffled knock on her door and decided to ignore it not caring who it was. The person tried a few more times before opening the door a bit peaking their head in and calling out to her.

Wishing she had locked the door Sarah turned to the intruder.

"What-" she started to snap but stopped upon seeing the girl who used to be her best friend standing in her doorway with puffy eyes.

Her eyes softened a bit. "What is it Trinity?" She sighed out tiredly.

"C-can we talk?" The small girl asked voice quivering a bit as she spoke.

Heart breaking Sarah nodded. "Yeah. Come sit" she said moving to sit on her bed she patted the space beside her.

"W-what happen to us? Did I do something wrong?" Trinity asked still in the doorway.

Eyes welling up when she heard the girls voice crack Sarah quickly shook her head. "No baby it's my fault. You did nothing wrong. I'm so so so sorry Trin. I've been such an awful friend to you a-and I haven't been there for you when you really needed me and I'm so sorry. I-i just... I thought you were making it up and I was jealous of you cause lately I just can't stop thinking about Cassy and I'm just so sorry." She said tears falling as she got up to hug the girl. A sob escaped her mouth when the girl flinched away from her.

"Jealous?" Trinity whispered.

"Yes a-and I know it's ridiculous but your always so happy a-and" Sarah said moving to hug her again.

"Jealous?!" she snapped louder this time interrupting Sarah in the process. " Jealous of what Sarah?! Of the fact that I don't have real parents? Or of the fact that I used to get beaten daily by the family that said they wanted me then changed their minds? Or is it of the fact that I only have two friends one of witch is you and the other is a 7 hour drive away?! Or maybe it's the fact that I get bullied with or without your help daily for the past 2 years and now you've gone and made it worse! Wait I know what it is! Your jealous cause you think I'm still happy through all of it right?! Well guess what Sarah! I was either only happy cause I had such a great friend in you or I was pretending! I cut myself almost nightly Sarah! Nobody knew though because they thought it was from my so called father! You don't know what it's like to have to cover up bruises since you were only 7! You have no idea how hard my life is so you have NO RIGHT to be jealous of me!" Trinity yelled letting tears of her own fall. "You don't know what it's like-" Choking on a sob Trinity slumpped against the nearest wall sliding down it to sit on the ground.

Instantly Sarah was by her side hugging her to herself balling harder then ever clinging to the girls small frame and leaning against the wall.

"I'm so sorry Trinity... I didn't know...I didn't know... I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me baby girl" Sarah mumbled as she held Trinity both crying messes.

"I-i tried to but you would never listen. Anytime I tried to tell you about any of it you'd just walk away claiming to be busy." Trinity maniged sob out.

"I'm so sorry..." She said holding Trinity even closer. I'm the worst best friend ever... I'm sorry Cassy I've let you down...I'm so sorry. Sarah thought clenching the fabric of Trinitys shrit in her hands.

The girls sat like this for quite some time before Sarah remembered about her homework.

"Hey I need to get up Trin" she said looking down when she didn't respond. Seeing she was asleep Sarah gently moved out from under her and went to ask her father to help her move Trinity to the bed in Cassys old room.

After he had moved her Sarah sat on the bed beside her. Stroking the girls blonde hair for a while and wondering if they could ever go back to before Sarah found her eyes closing to. Moving down to cuddle the younger girl Sarah fell asleep beside her just like they used to always to.

Next Morning(Trinity pov)

Trinity woke up in a unfamiliar room with something heavy on top of her keeping her from moving her whole left side. Trying to sit up she rubbed the sleep from her eyes with her right hand. Looking around the room she recognized it as Cassys old room. Looking down she saw that the weight was none other than Sarah.

Smiling as she remembered how normal this all used to be. Not the Cassys room part but the rest of it like waking up cuddling Sarah, the smell of breakfast on the air, the sound of wind chimes from the backyard. But as Trinity came further into awareness she recalled last night's talk and recoiled slightly away from Sarah causing her to wake up.

"Hmmm? Oh...um I'll just... Ya" Sarah said as she woke up instantly standing up and walking to the door. Pausing she hoped Trinity would tell her to wait, maybe even tell her to stay but it didn't happen so she just left.

Trinity watched her go sadly then got up and got dressed. She walked down to the dinning room and sat down at the table to eat. The whole meal was silent but as Trinity got up to go back to her room she felt a hand on her wrist.

"Wait...can we talk" Sarah asked. The little bit of fear and huge amount of guilt in the older girls voice lead Trinity to her answer.

"5 minutes. That's all the time I have." She said bluntly.

Sarah frowned. "why?" She asked slightly hurt by the time limit.

"I've got work today"

"Oh," Sarah said smile returning. "Okay let's go to my room to talk."

"Fine" Trinity said following the girl up to her room. "What is it?" She asked when they reached their destination.

"Are we still friends?" Sarah asked outright.

"No." Trinity said turning to leave. "For now let's just start out with being hall neighbors and work our way up okay..."

"Okay..." Sarah said voice trembling and eyes glazing over.

With that Trinity left to get ready for work knowing she'd forgive Sarah eventually but also knowing that if she didn't give herself time now it would only hurt them both in the long run.