Awakening

"She awake."

Mrs. Cartwrites voice echoed in Trinitys head as she jolted awake.

On instinct she called Sarah and asked if anything had changed with Cassy lately.

"What? No. Trinity its 2 am whats up with you?" Sarah asked groggily.

" It is? Oh shit I'm so sorry Sarah I didnt realized what time it was. Uh good night." Trinity said frantically.

"Just go back to sleep babes." Sarah said not sounding mad at all.

"Okay. Bye Sarah..."

"Bye babes."

*Click*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity was sitting on the couch doing some of the school work that Sarah and Trevor had brought over for her so that she wouldnt be falling behind on school work. She had placed the clip board with the papers on her stomach and was currently faced with a particularly difficult math equation and was nibbling the end of her pencil as she worked through it.

A cell phone ringing cut through the silence breaking any kind of concentration Trinity had gathered.

Looking back at where Mrs. Cartwrite stood in the kitchen Trinity mouthed out the words "who is it?"

"Hospital." Mrs. Cartwrite said sounding unsure if this was a good thing or not.

"Whats up?" Trinity questioned when seeing the womans eyebrows crease.

Mrs. Cartwrite only shushed her with her finger and continued listening to the nurse on the line responding with short answers. By the time she ended the call she looked like shed seen a ghost.

"Whats wrong?" Trinity asked worriedly.

"Nothing.... absolutely nothing." Mrs. Cartwrite said in a daze.

"Then  whats up? What did the hospital have to say?" Trinity urged.

"Shes awake..."

"Who?" Trinity asked before realization hit. " Oh my gawd! Cassy's awake?! Thats amazing! Lets go see her! That is allowed right? We can go see her right now right?" Trinity asked standing up, knocking her school work off her stomach in the process.

"Yes dear." Mrs. Cartwrite responded seeming to gain her composure. "Theres something important we need to discuss on the way there."

"Okay. " Trinity said sliding on some flip flops since normal shoes were to much of a struggle.

They got into the car and started on their way to the hospital. After a few minutes of awkward silence Mrs. Cartwrite finally spoke.

"Trinity we havent been completely honest with you..." She stated.

"What? What do you mean?" Trinity asked with a nervous laugh.

"Cassy wasnt your mothers friend." *pauses because this is dramatic and thats just how it works* "Trinity, Cassy is your mother."

"W-what?"

"When she was a little over your age she got pregnant. Everything seemed to be going well but when she went into labor almost a month early... They had to do a emergency c section and everything went well... The doctors still dont know what caused her coma but they say it might have been due to the strain it caused on her body but theres really no medical explanation for why its taken her so long to wake up. Im so sorry for not telling you." Mrs. Cartwrite said with a few stray tears streaking down her face.

"Wait. Lemme get this one thing straight... So Sarah is my aunt? " Trinity asked tilting her head.

"Thats what you got from this entire conversation?" Mrs. Cartwrite asked incredulously.

"That and the fact that your my grandma. Until I have Chris here its all im allowing myself to comprehend completely in order to not have a full on melt down right here and now."

"Okay sweetie what ever you need to do to process all this. I know its alot to take in but I thought you should know now that shes awake. " Mrs. Cartwrite said gently in a soothing voice.

"Yeah... Can we take a snack break real quick? I just got a really strong craving for spicy chips and ice cream." Trinity asked trying to give herself some more time before having to face her birth mother who she'd apparently know most of her life and just never knew it.

"Sure hunny."

After going into the store and spending 15 minutes just to pick chips  Trinity grabbed her go to ice cream and a plastic spoon before going to pay.

As she got back into the car she munched away happily on her chips and ice cream. (What? Just cause she was just using it as an excuse doesnt mean she wasnt actually craving it.)

When they finally reached the hospital Trinity was so nervous she couldnt even stand still in the elevator. She finally just decided to rub circles on her belly as she waited for it to arrive on their designated floor.

As they step off Trinity hugged herself (as well as she could) and slowly followed behind Mrs. Cartwrite.

Trinity gasped at the sight of the blue green eyes that stared back at her from the hospital bed.

The woman on the bed turned to Mrs. Cartwrite and asked in a week voice, "Mom? Is that who I think it is? How long has it been?"

"Hi baby." Mrs. Cartwrite said rushing over to hug her eldest daughter with tears flowing down her checks.

"Is that Sarah or is it..." Cassy trailed off getting this look in her eyes as she stared at Trinity.

"I-Im Trinity. Im your daughter." Trinity said stepping forward into the room.

"Oh my goodness... My sweet baby girl." Cassy said gasping and reaching out for her.

Hesitantly Trinity walked over and bent down to the best of her ability. This seemed to bring attention to her "baby boulder." Stepping back from the hug Trinity glanced at Mrs. - her grandmother asking her how much to explain.

After receiving a slight shake of her head Trinity remained silent. Seeing to have read the room Cassy opted to ask at another time. Instead she asked two other questions. "Hey mom wheres Sarah and when do i get out of  here?"

"Sarahs at school and the doctors need to observe you more before you can go home."

The rest of the day was spent catching Cassy up on life and the ways of the world. When talking about Trinity they tried to leave out all the negative aspects and where consequentially left with a very vague version of her life that was missing large chunks and mainly consisted of talking about Chris and Trinity.

Trinity had left Sarah a text telling her to come to the hospital right after school saying nothing more. So imagine her surprise when she walks into the hospital room and sees her sister awake.