Chapter 8

💟💟

Neil's Pov

There has been back to back classes throughout the day..we had test in our last two classes so we didn't get the time to catch up during the recess hours..The Subject was the General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic paper..tough one..

We didn't left the class today for the lunch break as within half an hour it will be filled up fully because almost all the students already have captured their seats as per as their conveniences..

To avoid wasting time in roaming around the canteen we decided to have our lunch inside our classroom instead of going out to save the time for revision..

So all we had chosen some common food items so that it makes easier to get them as soon as we can..

Me and Ali walked out of the class quickly to grab the food as fast as we could..
As expected canteen is buzzing with students everywhere. Why wouldn't it, this is lunch time after all.
We headed straight to the food counter..Ali took hold of a space amidst the crowd hovering around the counter to get their food and he immediately placed the order..

We were waiting for our parcel to be arrived..
I stood leaning against the counter roaming my eyes around the spreaded area..
All the tables over there were captured by the students busy having their lunch, chatting, breaking into laughter on some silly jokes,some studious one engrossed in making their notes in between munching their foods..

It's a huge place..Our college canteen is surrounded by a wide space encircled with plenty of sitting arrangements..there was a huge crowd spread around..
My eyes halted in a corner that enough farther from us..I saw three of them sitting around a triangular table altogether..Avni Rea and that boy I met few hours back, I just forgot his name..

My eyes glued on Avni she was looking down upon her book..That boy and Rea was blabbering something sitting beside her.. Suddenly I felt uneasy looking at her sad face I recalled the morning incident and instantly I remembered my behaviour towards her..I swallowed the lump inside my throat staring at her face..

It's weird, I know..
Sometimes I get confused to understand my ownself .why I feel conscious whenever I see her around me..I feel insecure by her every moves she makes being around me..
The day I had heard about her I was shocked when TR Sir informed us about her grade first, when the first year admission list has been finalized..Sir said administration is looking forward to see this candidate in our University..
I had totally forgotten about her this long but the day I got to know that the girl is none other than She, that day I felt something unusual inside me..
I started throwing my arrogant attitude upon her unknowingly.. Well, yes I know I shouldn't..
I can realise I'm being rude to her but everytime I end up behaving worst..

I wonder how could an ordinary girl like her from an average background could manage to score the highest rank in the university!!
I was the highest scorer in the first list last year ,she bit me with 12marks more..
I have never been so rude to any girl or to anyone in the first place without any valid reason but the scene is entirely different with her.. every time I see her my inner uneasiness grows up and I feel irritated..

"Stop glaring at her Neil You had enough rude to her with your angry avatar now spare her"Ali elbowed me..

I startled by his words suddenly I looked at Ali blankly before I came back from my trance..

"Whatt!!" I tried to behave normal ,shrugged my shoulder turned around towards the counter..

"You know what, she scare of you!!"Ali said in a treasing tone..

I Knitted my brows together and turned my face to their direction,glanced at her for one last time..I saw her giggled..

I heaved a deep sigh seeing at her smile, I felt light, as if some heaviness released my chest finally..in a bit I shifted back my gaze on Ali..

Ali took the food parcels off the counter top, then motioned me to hold the remaining ones..

"I hope Rea,I mean they didn't see you.. before Avni could see you and get stuck her food inside her throat let's leave " Ali let out a slight chuckled stepping forward me..

I rolled my eyes skyward shrugging off his blabber, followed him behind. Making spaces through the throng of people I took steps forward..

I know Rea will catch me later then half of my brain will be rotten by her lecture today..why I have behaved rude to her bestie A-v-n-i..why I did that, why I do that.. gawwwwwd she is nuts..

******

"Hey guys I'm going out to take some fresh air..do you want anything more to have" Joy asked coming out from the desk wipping his hands and mouth with a tissue in her hand..

We all just finished our lunch which was brought from the canteen by me and Ali half an hour past..

"Nope we are done I guess" Monish replied dusting away the food particles stuck some on his trouser, used a tissue..

"Just bring a water bottle that's it"I responded before they went out..

"Okkky" Joy replied and threw the tissue inside the dustbin to the corner, he walked outside the classroom..

*******

The exam went good I had finished the paper before the submission time..it was 10minutes left to get over our college hours..

I submitted the paper, came back to my seat then started gathering my essentials..

*******

We gathered outside the college gate near the parking lot..Monish Joy Raj Kk left to their parking sides..I saw Rea and Avni walking out from the main gate..

"See you guys tomorrow okay chall bye"Ali bid good bye to us and hurriedly went towards the girls..

Girls startled by his sudden arrival, they paused..I saw Ali said something to Avni, her eyes averted at me away them once then immediately shifted her eyes back on Ali, she looked down.. Ali held Rea's hand in trying to convince her for something. Rea shook her head and glared at me angrily..

"What the hell is going on.."I raked my hair..

Ali turned his head at me, gave a smile..I stood there expressionless for a moment..I saw Avni stared at Rea, she touched her shoulder gestured something with her eyes, instantly Rea stopped moving her lips further, then Avni shifted her eyes at Ali and smiled softly..
Ali Kept his hand on his chest I guess to show his gratitude, he bent his body a bit forward.. now Rea also broke her lips into a smile and bit on his shoulder playfully and Ali rubbed his arm..
Ali was back facing me so I'm just assuming his reaction watching the girls..

I saw Ali walked to his parking lot on the other side ,Avni left to her way towards the main road..and Rea is coming towards me..

"Gawwwwwd now what she want!!" I immediately turned around walked towards my car to unlocked it..

I was about to take the driver seat..I felt someone patted on my shoulder..
I closed my eyes shut, a groan slipped out my throat before I had reopened my eyes being annoyed..I know who's it ..

*******
(Not edited)

I know you will get plenty of grammatical errors, don't worry I'll do the correction later..

Please vote comment and share..

Love you all
Mon🥰🥰