Chapter 37

One of my favourite lyrics.

🥰🥰

Shiqaayatein mitane lagi.

Avni

His eyes fervent over mine.
I quivered realising my hand on his lips. Before I could have taken away my hand very tenderly he put it down himself off his lips. His fingers tightened holding mine when I attempted to pull it away again.

"Can I ask you something" he asked holding me still.

"Avni" his voice deep as if he is urging for something.

"Yes or no" he asked. I looked right into his eyes. He gulped.

"What made you all of a sudden realize......." I couldn't complete the sentence. And his forehead creased, slightly.

"It's really strange believing for a person like you doing such things... I mean you are not the kind of talk much or take things impulsively" my brows furrowed, my eyes raised at him. I saw a contented smile appeared on his lips followed by his gaze. I frowned.

"See, you already know the answer. I usually don't take things casually, it isn't yet clear to you that I'm beyond serious this time!" His smile widened and I gulped.

"But I want to know everything. That you are hiding since you have come here" I stated calmly.

"I met doctor Chris" My heart clenched by the name he has taken just now. My eyes startled. I kept staring at him for some few seconds and then relaxed my stiffened shoulder. A humorless chuckle slipped out of my lips.

"Ooh so this's the reason" I mocked but inside I'm cooling down my pique not to barge on him for seeking his unnecessary interest into my personal life. I was extremely irked by this action of Neil. My jaws flexed in resentment upon him .
Who the hell is he think of himself. How could he just go and intend to invade my personal transactions.And how much he got to know from Doctor Chris about everything! I hope my doctor kept things professional as much as I know him. But still there was a lump of godawful stuck inside my throat. My hands was shaking anticipating, how weak I am he must be thinking.
Before he pity me, My body should get buried to the core, the spot Earth ends.
I got up with a jerk, turned my face away. I don't want to see into his eyes a second more.

"Wait. What do you mean by saying 'this is the reason'!!!!" he got up instantly, stood behind me. I didn't respond stood still back facing him.

"Only the reason is" he paused, took a deep breath before speaking "I love you" and he said. his voice was emotional. I felt him put his hands on my shoulder from behind and next he turned me to face him. I shut my eyes, I was controlling hard my temper. And his reply left me unfazed. Again.

My head was downcast, I wasn't in condition to face him. He tilted my face up by my chin. My hesitant eyes laid on his intense one. My heart started pounding.

"What could I do to make you believe me Avni!" his voice shaken. His forehead creased in pain. There was genuineness in his gaze.
And I melted searching them.

I bit my quivering lips to stop myself not to break down again.

"I know. I shouldn't have gone to him. I was curious. I'm sorry" he stated softly. I averted my gaze, sniffed, shrugged his hands away my shoulder but he hugged me instead.
Isn't he too chipku!
I know I shouldn't think all these things at this moment but I have no control on my brain. His hands slipped on my waist, my eyes widened, I felt my hair stood up on my neck.

"I have had already decided to say you this time, before coming back to London. Actually I lied" he said and I pulled my head away his chest and my eyes rose straight to him at his last words.