Chapter 41

Last year I have updated my story on this day so I thought to do the same, this year too.

Happy Holi to all my lovely people, my awesome readers.
Khubse Holi khelna aur sabko rang lagana😂
Aur bhaang jyada mat Pina😜

Enjoy Reading🥤

🥰🥰

The journey to the Airport with Neil Khanna on the passenger seat beside me, reminded me that day from past.
The day first and the last as well, he had dropped me home on that night Ali's b'day party end.

Only the seat exchanged. Today Me on the driver seat as he was that day.

Unwillingly a smile crept on my lips. And Neil noticed before it get faded away.

I saw his lips curved slightly too. But his eyes failed not to display the smile that he tried to restrain.

Their reminiscence of early days gathered them silently.

**********

Within half an hour and few minutes more they reached the airport.

Before Avni would have unlocked her seat belt and shoved outside the door, Neil came outside, opened the back seat door, that Avni unlocked already before he stepped out. Their eyes met the second their hands clutched together the door lock, to pull away it open. Another awkward moment.

Breaking the trance they both realized they need to move away. Neil withdrew his hold first and let her open.

As soon as Avni moved away opening the door for him, Neil grabbed his trolley and put it down off the back seat then Avni pushed the door closed.
He set the trolley on the ground, made it capable to drag while Avni awkwardly stood there silent with her hesitant gaze.

"You didn't need to come out of the car" Neil gave a soft smile and straightened his back, gripped his luggage on the way to walk away.

"It's okay" Avni replied, hindered a simple smile, pushed some strands of hair behind her ear.

"Yup" Neil replied back, stole some few glances of her before he moved away.
Unanticipated, an air of awkwardness wrapped around them, exactly like those winter fog do wrapping hilly areas untill the warmth of sunrays doesn't spread it's heat all over around the valley.
May be their sunrays are they, themselves. The wall of several complexities, being herself thinking a gauche, inelegant compare to Neil, didn't smash down completely yet.

Neil took little steps discreetly forward as if he was waiting for her to say something, like anything if she says him before he departed.While Avni lumbered beside him lowering her face. She bit her lips several times not knowing how to express her heart into words, That her heart sinking not to say him good bye. Not yet. Because there were so many things she wants to ask him and say. But there hardly any words came out of her mouth watching him moving steps afar.

"So! goodbye then" Neil waited few seconds for her reply, looked at her eyes. He let a heavy sigh when he left that hope Avni would speak something else apart those formal words.

"Yup" Avni pulled her lashes upward, gaped at him replying back, nodded. Heaving a deep sigh Neil gave a last look at her and slauntered away pulling the small sling over his shoulder. Heading off he was seen halted his steps joining the person before him who was last maintaining the long queue to the entrance gate.

Few minutes Avni stood there staring blankly at Neil slowly progressing to the gate following the people before him.

Her Heart started pounding faster as he took each steps forward as if someone is going too far, what if she don't get chance ever to say those words she wants to say that person. Her lips get dried, her hands trembled. Before a huge lump formed inside her throat and chocked her speaking ability for last few seconds her inerself wailed, urged her to call him and she did.