Chapter 1 (Quiet life)

All right, this is my first X reader so excuse any mistakes.

You know the gist;
Y/N: Your name

L/N: Last name
N/N: Nick name
F/F: Fave food
F/C: Fave colour
H/C: Hair colour
H/L: Hair length
E/C: Eye colour/ colours if u want 2 different eye colours

Also, this takes place in a medevalish- steam punk society.

Ok I'll start the actual story now...

In a world were quirks had always been a normal thing, were since the age of stone and dusk people were what you'd consider 'super human'...

Do you really think our technology would develop the same way?

Aubeia, your home, is in what's reffered to as the age of Dawn but despite it's outward appearance, it is far from peacefull.

No matter who you are, what you do, when night falls you don't set a foot outside unless you  have a death wish.

It's called 'The Nothing' and no one knows where it came from. At night, it brings monsters and Villains, it's there time to plot. And there plan is about to come into action...

Y/N's: POV:

I woke up in my room like always, the same trinkets and decorations sitting just were they allways were. My walls a light shade of F/C, and my bedside lantern having cooled down from using it the night before.

I slipped out from under my quilt and stepped foot onto the oak flooring beneath me.

Walking over to my window and throwing open the linen curtains, I was happy to know that I lived to see annother dawn. With the threat of Villains stabbing me in my sleep, I always had to be greatfull for this seemingly insignificant thing.

My parents are super paranoid about this kind of thing so I have thoes fears myself, all be it in much smaller amounts.

As per normal I slipped into a F/C dress that ended just above my knees.

I tried to avoid looking at myself in the mirror as I walked out of my room, My reflection just wasn't all that appealing in my opinion. But then again, If you did look at the same face over and over again for years apon years your liking towards it would eventually deminish right?

I walked down my thin wooden staircase that creeked a little under my weight and said a brief good morning to my mother who sat at our kitchen table.

"Morning sweetie. Be safe ok?" She answered as I slipped on a pair of black leather shoes and unhooked the many copper locks on our front door.

She fidgeted in her seat a little, looking away from me subtly as I opened the door and let light pour into the house.

"I'll be back in 10!" I smiled, walking outside and forcing my demeanor to be more elegant.

I walked down the dirt path of my town, running my fingers through my H/L H/C hair.

As life happened around me, I recognised everyone and every step they took. On there ways to go to there jobs, friend's houses, the food stalls.

This was very much a peacfull town. Neat thatched cottages, a little market for almost anything you need to live contently, the air always seemed to be filled with a warm sence of calm.

I ignored everyone as best I could, I'm desperately socially awkward you see, and Instead made my way to the village's small stone welcome sign sitting down right beside of it.

Deciding to doze there, I half shut my eyes and listened out for the sound of a horse cart.

The birds chirped whilst fluttering through the sky and the sun was only just beyond the horizon.

speeking of the horizon, from this spot I could just make out the distant city. There, they had technology beyond what I'd ever seen. I really want to go there some day, I feel like it will be some kind of paradise.

I should probably say more about myself, after all, I won't be doing anything different until the cart comes.

My name's Y/N, I'm around 16, My quirk is called Rainforest. I can make any plant grow at an almost instant rate depending on the air's humidity. If the air's dry though, I can summon water and basically control it. I'm slightly intrested in mechanics which is why I love the idea of the city so much and I'd like to consider myself the active type...but...

As I lay there, listening out, I never considered that when I re-opened my eyes, this slow, uneventfull life would soon be sweapt away from under my feet. Whilst I always wanted this to happen to me, I didn't think it would start with me practically snoring and lolled up against a road sign.

(You've just read 792 words)