Chapter 12 (The Manliest Boi)

Y/N's POV:

We sped back onto the path, our hair and skin scratching up against low hanging branches and leaves.

Continuing in the direction we were heading in yesterday, we soon made our way deeper into the forest.

"So what're we on the look-out for?" I called out.

Suddenly, the trees broke away. Creating a courtyard of sorts around a old looking temple. It was tall and made out of light grey cobble stone, moss grew up - fuzzy - between the cracks.

"Is that... A Miyan pyramid?" I asked, seeing as the structure heavily resembled one,

"Perhaps. We should be carefull, I'm not getting good feeling from this place." Todoroki replied onimously.

His face had gone blank again, like he was lacking all emotion.

I won't lie, my anxieties cault up to me at that moment. Climbing off Espur, I desperately clutched onto the sword's handle and hoped my shaking wasn't too obvious.

"It's fine. We'll just go inside and explain what's going on to the gaurdian. It can't be that difficult right?" Shoto said, his face showing the slightest hint of sympathy.

Nodding a little, I trailed behind him as he started to walk towards the temple.

The entrance sat at the top of a large, mossy covered, stair case which we slowly began to climb.

With each step I took, I tried to make myself more confident. Memories of my journey so far reminded me that I'm not a little girl anymore.

I won't be.

No one can make me.

A determind smile spread on my lips, no matter what I'd be confronted with I'd rise to the challange!

NO RUNNING AWAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Some where, back in the forest, annother loud rumbling sound exploded in the air followed up by the ground vibrating again.

We both stopped walking and turned around to look in the force's direction.

Two seconds later, it happened again. Only this time, it felt closer.

"It's headed this way!" Shoto shouted over a third deathening noise.

"THEN START GETTING UP THOES STAIRS!" I cried over a fourth.

And so, just as I made my mental decloration not to run away from anything, I ran up the rest of the steps.

Since he was still infront of me, Todoroki made it to the entrance first. However, once he'd looked inside the temple, he stopped in his tracks.

Too destracted with running, I hadn't noticed his abrupt hault and crashed into his back.

We both fell forward and I braced myself to hit the floor but the problem is...

There wasn't one.

I looked down to see myself falling into a deep, dark pit.

"WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" I shrieked, my sleves and hair flying around in the rushing wind.

"You absolute moron." Todoroki said in a dead-pan voice, as he started doing flips in the air.

"How long 'till we hit the ground?" I asked, my head still pointed down and my legs now flailing around a little,

"Well, since a light is starting to appear below us, I'd say in about... thirty seconds..." He answered as if it weren't his first time falling down a deep, dark, hole.

But... if we hit the ground we'll go splat! I gotta' break the fall! But... HOW?!

Suddenly, a small lightbulb went off in my brain. Do I really have to touch the water with my hands?

I pulled a bottle out of my flying backpack, and tipped the contense into my mouth. That should do... right?

Shoving the bottle back in my bag, I opened my mouth again and spat it all out.

'This better work...' I thought, trying to ignore the digusted look Shoto was giving me.

We had around 15 seconds left.... That should be enough.

I pointed towards the distant yet only just visible floor, sending the water splattering down.

10 seconds....

I could see the ground now, it was solid...

'Please work!'

BAM!

A giant, bean stalk like, vine came shooting out of the ground towards us.

we both landed on one of it's massive dark green leafs with a small bounce.

"Woah." Shoto exclaimed, landing less then gracefully.

"Oh-mi-gosh it worked!" I grinned, punching the air a couple times.

"Y/N...." Todoroki cault my attension.

He was gripping onto the leaf tightly and looking down at it almost darkly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my mood instantly being shot down,

"That was...." He beared his teath and started to quiver, "AMAZING!"

He jumped out towards me and cault me in a hug.

"I was going to make an ice slope but this is even cooler! How did you know this would work?!"

I shrugged and started to jump from one leaf to annother, making my way down (town, walking fast) to the ground.

"Honestly, I didn't. I'm just happy to be alive really." I laughed nervously, stepping onto the stone floor.

"Were even are we?"

I looked out apon a dark cavern.

There was a large pool of murky looking water with a grand weaping willow tree beside it. The cealing was cast in shadow, scattered, red crystals glowing ontop of it.

"Well, if ya' really wanna know, your in MY home!" A new voice answered, sending a chill down my spine.

A figure around Shoto's hight appeared right infront of me and bowed.

"WELCOME!" It boomed, "TO THE HOME OF THE MANLIEST GAURDIAN (IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF), KIRISHIMA!!!"

Aaaaand the fangirls go wild! (You just read 904 words)